Cobra R Hoods

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, I'm not sure if I wanna drill holes in my new hood?!!

94cobra

Reaction score
ABC exclusive cobra rr hood here. Fit was great, quality great, heavy metal hood latch
Been running 2 years now. I just recently put hood pins on. 1 less worry :thumb:

hpim0461.jpg

hpim0507.jpg

ryclef331

Reaction score
In my book...its a risk with out them. Anything can happen no matter how good the hood is. I'd rather live and drill holes in my hood than either hurt myself, cause death, and at a minimum, replace the car b/c the roof, windsheild, and cowl section were smashed in from the hood slapping it at 120mph going thru the traps.

If anyone wants a pretty good tip to line those hood locks up perfect the first time, rather than trial and error, let me know.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94cobra said:
ABC exclusive cobra rr hood here. Fit was great, quality great, heavy metal hood latch
Been running 2 years now. I just recently put hood pins on. 1 less worry :thumb:

hpim0461.jpg

That's a bad ass looking cobra!

If anyone wants a pretty good tip to line those hood locks up perfect the first time, rather than trial and error, let me know.

Ya, I'd like to know, might as well put em on if there's a risk of my skirt flying up.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Replace the hood bumpers with the 2 studs that come with the kit (don't fully tighten them b/c you still have to set the height of them). Dab some wet on the tops of them, set hood down while the paint is still wet. This will mark the spot on the bottom side of the hood for your firt hole. You're probably going to have 2 layers of fiberglass to punch through...the bottom and the top. I highly reccomend a hole saw. How you punch the holes is up to you. Whatever you do...clean up the edges otherwise, it will start to spider web you paint. I punch my lower hole out bigger than the top so I could get my fingers in there to get the nut on the backside of the locks themselves. Make sure the hole on the skin is big enough to allow a bit of room to slide it around to line it up with the studs. Close the hood...fully. put the locks on and lock'em. see how high they sit...adjust the studs as neccessary. ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR HEIGHT SET, close the hood fully, put the locks in and lock them.

This is the big tip

Once they are securely holding the hood shut and you're satified with it, take a piece of tape, and tape down the chrome metal sheilds to the hood. Unlock the hood, you're sheilds will stay right where they were taped. Open the hood, put the lock washer and the nut on the backside of the locks and tighten them down. You're done....well pull the tape of course.

This may sound stupidly simple but I was an idiot when I first put mine on and sat there for like an hour doing the open the hood, adjust, close the hood, check, open the hood, adjust, close the hood, check...etc. etc. After I got it painted I figured out the easy way. This maybe something you already knew though...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.