Cobra woes

Jay_Cobra

Reaction score
Hey all, Having an issue with my car as of late,
Mycars bugging me.
Installed a whole new fuel system and new upper and lower intakes, as well as a new clutch and fly wheel, I drive to jersey for a communion. Driving 5th gear around 3k rpm when all of the sudden the car lost engine power for about a second and then continued on its way. Only did it once, then on the way back same thing but happened about 3 times more. This was all on the highway. Then in one case the rpms stuck on 3k rpm and the engine light went on. I shut the car off and it remedied it. What can be causing this?

95GT86SS

Reaction score
What year cobra?

95 GT BBK CAI TB MSD 6AL O/R H SLP LM1
Coming soon GT40 Heads Intake and e303 cam with Long tubes

95GT86SS

Reaction score
Pull the TFI and have it checked multiple times. If it still passes then suspect the dizzy. Our cars are notorious for it failing.

95GT86SS

Reaction score
TFI is mounted on the passenger side wheelwell with a heatsink under the air intake.

lutter94

Reaction score
What does TFI stand for? I always thought of it as an ICM (Ignition Control Module).

lutter94

Reaction score
103173_800px.jpg

Taken from AM obviously, lol. It has a 5.5mm head on the bolt that holds it down. Stupid right?

95GT86SS

Reaction score
Take it to a parts store. Make sure they test it at least 5 times. Sometimes it doesn't break down and stop working til it's good and hot.

Bdons_95gt

Reaction score
I had autozone test mine. They ran it about 15 times and it still tested good. I thought the same thing, autozone sucks ha ha. Changed it out anyway, car died on the way home ha ha. Changed the distributor and I haven't had an issue since. But that was only a week ago... Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jay_Cobra

Reaction score
I'll see if auto zone will test it. Had an issue with them testing a damn battery. I have a new dist. So hopefully it''s that

Bdons_95gt

Reaction score
Hopefully. Oriellys and autozone are always hit or miss around here. Sometimes you get someone good, sometimes you just want to grab run in the back and get your parts yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jay_Cobra

Reaction score
Alright, Bama chip is back from being reflashed. Installing it tomorrow hopefully this will fix the issue. I cant see it being anything else. Everything else is new.

OP
OP
J

Jay_Cobra

Reaction score
New development. Car starting bucking on highway while in constant speed. I replaced the TPS, IAC, Eliminated the EGR, Would this be caused by bigger fuel injectors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online