Cobra woes

RichV

Reaction score
What have you all done to this car? List anything NOT stock.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What did you do to the fuel system that you upgraded? All the bucking/cutting on/off could be related. This was why I installed a fuel pressure gauge inside the car to see if it ever dropped while driving, might not be a bad idea after the upgrade.

OP
OP
J

Jay_Cobra

Reaction score
Things done to car.
New Edelbrock Eforce heads with 1.72 svo roller rockers. Hardned push rods and valves.
B303 Cam
Edelbrock RPM Performer 2 upper and lower intake manifolds
BBK CAI
BBK 30 Ibs injector mass air meter.
BBK 70mm Throttle body
Aeromotive fuel rails with regulator
New stealth aeromotive 350 fuel pump
30 IB Bosch injectors
Braided fuel lines with new filter.
160 thermostat
SCT BAMA tuner.
Champion spark plugs (Edelbrock required)
MSD Coil
New spark wires
New F150 Dizzy with MSD Cap
New Exedy stage 1 clutch and ford racing flywheel.
Adjustable clutch cable.

I installed a fuel gauge, It stays dead on 30

I think thats it.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Bama tuner like from americanmuscle? That's the issue. Their tunes really aren't good for engine mods like yours. Remote tuning is hit or miss. They're just adjusting what they feel like and can't see how the car reacts unless you tell them hey, this is this or that etc.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Bama tuner like from americanmuscle? That's the issue. Their tunes really aren't good for engine mods like yours. Remote tuning is hit or miss. They're just adjusting what they feel like and can't see how the car reacts unless you tell them hey, this is this or that etc.

Agreed

Look into Dyno tuning, $500 dyno time should fix your issue or you can play guess and check with bama

OP
OP
J

Jay_Cobra

Reaction score
Let me ask a noob question. How does dyno tuning work? Does a tuner need to be installed?then they run the dyno?

lutter94

Reaction score
Let me ask a noob question. How does dyno tuning work? Does a tuner need to be installed?then they run the dyno?

There are different methods/ways. Some have the ability to plug into an ECM and do live tuning, tune on the fly, make adjustments, etc. Others have a chip that they burn, make a pull, adjust the chip, make another pull, over and over. Which option the tuner has, doesn't relay on the tuners capabilities, but the capabilities of the ECM system on the car. All the bama, SCT, etc chips that are add on's to our OEM ECM's will be the pull/tune/pull/tune. Aftermarket options like Megasquirt, can tune on the fly.

This has some great basic training material.

https://www.hpacademy.com/courses/efi-tuning-fundamentals/

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score

Good info from lutter above.

Going to post the video of mine being dyno tuned last year below this. Notice the screen near the car. Live tuning.

(New Springs Havent Settled down yet in vid & recorded by cell phone so the noise isnt its best but you get the idea!)

[video=youtube;fqjeR5MFMaw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqjeR5MFMaw[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online