Cobra

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
So with new plugs and newer wires and msd coil packs now getting a new p0304 misfire code anything to look for

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

Tillerman77

Reaction score
So with new plugs and newer wires and msd coil packs now getting a new p0304 misfire code anything to look for

Same code popped up on my 97 Cobra. After going through plugs, wires, coil packs, checking injectors & wiring, it turns out to be due to partial compression loss on cylinder 4's valves (seat, carbon, spring, etc.) My car is sitting until next March/April to check out the head/valves. I had a shop do the diagnosis. The static compression was fine on all cylinders, but a "timed" idle compression test showed #4 built compression more slowly than the neighboring cylinders. See example 3 in the link.

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Same code popped up on my 97 Cobra. After going through plugs, wires, coil packs, checking injectors & wiring, it turns out to be due to partial compression loss on cylinder 4's valves (seat, carbon, spring, etc.) My car is sitting until next March/April to check out the head/valves. I had a shop due the diagnosis. The static compression was fine on all cylinders, but a "timed" idle compression test showed #4 built compression more slowly than the neighboring cylinders. See example 3 in the link.
When I got it it was 307 an that went away after all new parts. Then I'm getting 300 and 304

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
d5c6c56614fa3159105145839c66a723.jpg
fog lights mod

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
The fog light mod is great, I always hated that they didn't come on without headlights on too. Gotta love the thorough step by step write ups on this site. Your cobra is looking good man

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
The fog light mod is great, I always hated that they didn't come on without headlights on too. Gotta love the thorough step by step write ups on this site. Your cobra is looking good man
Thanks , I actually just watched a 3 min video on YouTube. Dude had it done in under that so I was like what the hell why not try it. No cutting just pin swap. Had er at local Jack in the box and and competition orange v6 pulled in next to er. Guy and his gal come inside, he asked if she's mine so I'm like yes sir with a smile cause I saw him staring er down while holding pass door so his gal didn't accidently hit my ride. He said my ride was madly beautiful lol. Tried selling me a set of 22s black with red stripe. He had about 10k worth of gold in his mouth. Lol ,really nice guy though.

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Dropped er off for longtubes and clutch install.. vid coming soon of exhaust sound. Then it's time for Moar low!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Thanks fellas , she's still there . Hoping she'll be done tomorrow. Bumming out my new headlights and corners came in today.

4vs sound awesome with long tubes, looking forward to hearing a video man!

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
So I got er back no work done from that shop. So installed new headlights and corners. Now at a shop inside and in lift being treated nicely.
4d5225dffe53e677c93597b455afa400.jpg
eb67dc209aaa345e56add678d938505b.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willd492

Members online