common fuel leak point underhood?

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by monkeydude3, Oct 19, 2006.

1. monkeydude3

monkeydude3 Active Member

Lately when I go WOT and hammer on my car, I smell raw fuel... not rich burned exhaust, FUEL. Under all other conditions I get nothing. Are there any places prone to leaking on this setup or should I just watch it and see if it progresses.

Yeah I hammer on it a lot... It's gonna get a new engine within a year or so anyway so I'm gettin all I can outta this one

2. scarface

scarface Guest

injectors/fuel line connections

3. monkeydude3

monkeydude3 Active Member

aight... I"m leanin towards the injector connections, particularly the ones where they go from the injector to th emanifold... since it's only under WOT

::sigh::

Well in not too long the stang will be parked for some time and the engine will eventually make it's way out of there. I will be doing everything

I laid on it today and it didn't smell like raw gas... dunno wtf the deal is. Sometimes it smells like super super strong raw fuel, othertimes I just get the sweet smell of raw exhaust lol

4. scarface

scarface Guest

m-m-mmm. Tasty :)

5. whty98

whty98 Active Member

Your fuel rail maybe loose causing a loose connection to injectors and the o-rings on an injector might be shot. Just look for a pool of fuel, might be the place

6. WODY281

WODY281 Guest

It also could be your fuel pressure reg. I bought one from Aeromotive and it started to leak after about a month. I'd check it also!