common fuel leak point underhood?

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Lately when I go WOT and hammer on my car, I smell raw fuel... not rich burned exhaust, FUEL. Under all other conditions I get nothing. Are there any places prone to leaking on this setup or should I just watch it and see if it progresses.

Yeah I hammer on it a lot... It's gonna get a new engine within a year or so anyway so I'm gettin all I can outta this one

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
aight... I"m leanin towards the injector connections, particularly the ones where they go from the injector to th emanifold... since it's only under WOT

::sigh::

Well in not too long the stang will be parked for some time and the engine will eventually make it's way out of there. I will be doing everything

I laid on it today and it didn't smell like raw gas... dunno wtf the deal is. Sometimes it smells like super super strong raw fuel, othertimes I just get the sweet smell of raw exhaust lol

whty98

Reaction score
Your fuel rail maybe loose causing a loose connection to injectors and the o-rings on an injector might be shot. Just look for a pool of fuel, might be the place

W

WODY281

It also could be your fuel pressure reg. I bought one from Aeromotive and it started to leak after about a month. I'd check it also!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online