Fuel pump recomendations?

Reaction score
Recently p1237 code has popped up, along with a subtle fuel smell while driving but can't find a leak? Anyway not sure if they are related. I was going to replace the driver module and the pump and figure on an upgrade while I'm repairing it. Future mods may entail trick flow twisted wedge cylinder head kit so I would rather put a higher flowing pump on case of future mods. Any recommendations on a good brand on a driver module and pump? Any good upgrades? Any input is appreciated !

Akurma

Reaction score
I put a DW 340LPH pump in mine. Dropped right into the factory fuel hat and plugged right in.

Although I think this will be a little too much fuel on a stock setup.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Good suggestions. I’ve had good luck with Quantum Fuel Systems pumps. They just don’t like it when you starve them for fuel a few times @ WOT.

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
It does fine for anything you can bolt on but if you are looking to go over 375-400hp I’d probably go with what @Akurma suggested.
350 - 360 max N/A no forced induction.
So walbro 255 sounds like a good one ? I gotta order it soon so thanks for the quick reply!

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
Went with Racetronics 255lph. I looked into Walbro and guys on other forums said they were getting knock offs even from Summit and Jegs. Price isn't a huge deal more so quality and after someone mentioned it looked into Walbro and decided against it. Very helpful though and I did go with 255lph which Racetronics said was good until about 500 horsepower which is way more than I will need.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
I looked into Walbro and guys on other forums said they were getting knock offs even from Summit and Jegs.
In my humble opinion, I find this hard to believe considering Walbro sells direct to qualified resellers like Summitt Racing and Jegs.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

OP
OP
unterstutzung87
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, I find this hard to believe considering Walbro sells direct to qualified resellers like Summitt Racing and Jegs.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

Do not know if it is true or not but the endless stories about pumps dying very quickly and people on their third pump in 5k miles was enough to look elsewhere.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Truth be told, Walbro probably invested into the China market trying to stay ahead of the industry, but discovered the china manufacturing was subpar. Then they back pedaled to clear their name. People found out their ebay purchased walbro pumps couldnt do any better than 35psi fuel pressure, where as actual walbro supposedly could produce well over 45psi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online