coolant in spark plug holes!!!!!

S

scarface

I needed to replace the nipple behind the water pump, some 98's dont need to. The non pi nipple doesnt fit with the new water tube.

LI98GT

Reaction score
Not sure what year you have, but my '98 didn't need the updated nipple and I have not heard of any '98s needing to change it out. At the time I was doing my install, I had everyone and their mother telling me that I had to change it out, but it ended up being the same one. Also my water pump was a bitch to remove. It was in there pretty good. I had to place a block on the nipple and bang away pretty hard at it for the pump to come out. Hope it's a '98 that you have to save a little time and aggravation on the install.

S

scarface

the pump should be removed before you try and bang out the nipple... ??? if not you are banging the nipple into the blades on the pump?

Did I just misunderstand your post?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i didnt have to remove my water pump either. the coolant tube fit the one that was already on there. don't forget an alternetor bracket

S

scarface

I didnt need the alt. braket for mine...lol I have it here if anyone needs one :)

OP
OP

313blkstang

Reaction score
I have a '96... I mentioned water pump removal because the Livernois kit came with instructions and one was too remove the water pump and alternator...

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
scarface said:
I didnt need the alt. braket for mine...lol I have it here if anyone needs one :)

your old bracket fit on the PI intake or did you just not use one?

S

scarface

phil_the_thrill said:
scarface said:

the braket I had was for the Pi intake with aluminum crossover (they ARE different) I reused my stock one, and just left one of the bolts out that didnt line up....No problems.
313blkstang said:
I have a '96... I mentioned water pump removal because the Livernois kit came with instructions and one was too remove the water pump and alternator...
you WILL need to remove yours..only the 98s dont need to.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
phil_the_thrill said:
the braket I had was for the Pi intake with aluminum crossover (they ARE different) I reused my stock one, and just left one of the bolts out that didnt line up....No problems

i did the same when i switched to the aluminum crossover, but i kept NPI intake. :nonono:

Whistler98

Reaction score
I just tapped the coolant crossover for my second temp sensor there is a spot where you can do this on there. I didn't have to remove the water pump for mine at all.

S

scarface

Whistler98 said:
I just tapped the coolant crossover for my second temp sensor there is a spot where you can do this on there. I didn't have to remove the water pump for mine at all.
I assume you have a 98?

gtorange97

Reaction score
bleau said:
I had the same issue.
My problem was the intake manifold cracked at the heater hose nipple.
I'll bet that is your problem too.

I've exactly this problem ... How were fixed ?

Thanks in advance

S

scarface

gtorange97 said:
bleau said:
I had the same issue.
My problem was the intake manifold cracked at the heater hose nipple.
I'll bet that is your problem too.

I've exactly this problem ... How were fixed ?

Thanks in advance
replace intake manifold

96gt226410

Reaction score
My alternator bracket was fine. I had a NPI manifold and I re-used the old bracket when I did my PI swap. And I didn't replace the nipple on the back of the water pump. I used a piece or rubber hose and two clamps when I did mine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online