COP conversion

FrankenStang

Reaction score
be carefull about ebay electronics...i got 2 02 sensors and they went bogus after 3 months only...also if im correct you wont see any HP gains from a cop conversion..All it really does is make the engine bay abit cleaner and alot more expenive when its comes time to replace sparkstuff..But honestly,i like the way the coilpacks look and how the wires feed to the sparkplugs..

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
No different in performance as stated. Personally i didnt like the cluster bomb of wires. I needed a accessible spot for pcv breather. I get COP cheap.

Sent by smoke signals

Gregor185

Reaction score
I understand the whole u need cops but can u just get an engine harness out of a 99-04 and do it that way instead?

clark98gt

Reaction score
No you can't, I actually stripped a harness from a newer mustang 2 days ago to see if I could and most of the wires need changed around. The 96-98 use " waste spark" or something like that and the new edges don't.

metalman302

Reaction score
Does the 99+ engine harness connector fit the 96-98 computer harness? I wanted to go this route... Should just be a matter of pulling 4 pins from the connector and splicing those wires to the correct trigger.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
Does the 99+ engine harness connector fit the 96-98 computer harness? I wanted to go this route... Should just be a matter of pulling 4 pins from the connector and splicing those wires to the correct trigger.

no the connector is structurally the same but all most pins are different. you could repin for hours and curse at your wife or dog. you can buy/build the harness and go that route.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online