Corvette museum visit

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I had to make a 2hr trip to pick up some work for my business. The Corvette museum was in the area and my 2nd son becoming an automobile nut, i thought the corvette museum would be a great bonding opportunity. He liked it. He wasnt as impressed as i thought he be, considering he sides more to the Chevrolet brand. Especially the older models, but we had a great time together.

Most of the earliest models were restored classics on loan to the museum. All the other cars were prototypes or had significant history.

We did catch a few jems around the museum parking lot too

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been wanting to make it down there for some time now but especially since the new body is out. I went to school in bowling green for a year and I think in that year I ended up at the plant tour/museum 5-6 times. It was enough times that I learned were to stand when it got to the point that "someone can start this one for the first time ever" to do it and even corrected one of the guides when he got some years confused as to when they moved the plant. One of the times I was with a buddy that like myself enjoyed getting into some harmless trouble and while at the museum we decided to jump the ropes to act like we were opening the door to the 1 millionth corvette that eventually fell into the hole. We did not dare touch it, just made it look like it long enough for 2 pics and then started walking towards the door. A guard approached us at one point and started talking to us and we could tell it was the "Ya gots to go!" talk starting so we just told him we understood, we swear we did not touch the car and were on our way out no problem.

joemomma

Reaction score
It's within a couple of hours of me and I've never been.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i knew this one kid that was a exchange student from saudi arabia
he paid 48.ooo cash for a 95 saleen took it over there with him when he moved back
the car broke down and he buried it

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I personally think the hole and the cars that fell into it are interesting but partially because I use to walk around that same place and the millionth vette that I got kicked out of the place to take my pic with was one of the cars that fell in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.