Coyote Swap Hydro boost Help

ForeverDriven

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question about the hydro boost system. I have it installed on my coyote swap, and I recently supercharged. However, I die when braking if I don't keep it in gear, which was not an issue before the supercharger. The supercharger instructions mention a reference line between the supercharger and the brakes, does anyone know if this kind of reference-port is on the hydroboost system and/or where? Essentially a intake manifold to brakes line.

07GtS197

Reaction score
If the instructions are for an s197 or s550 then that explains it. Those cars have a vacuum booster not a hydroboost like our cars. Your issue is most likely tune related.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
The hydroboost system is its own separate system so the only thing that could make the car just die under heavy brake load is excessive accessory drive drag which unfortunately you can't do anything about. One thing I have noticed though is how Ford uses the tee line that connected the low pressure output of the hydro as well as the low pressure output from either the cooler (or the rack output if no cooler is present) back to the reservoir. It creates a restriction that can impede flow from reservoir back to the pump, quite possibly cavitating it and creating the excessive drag which would starve the system of the hydraulic power it needs. In other words, something's gotta give and with the amount of output those P/S pumps are capable of outputting (I think somewhere around 1250 psi max), well, there's the answer.

If you're using the stock reservoir, there's nothing you can do. But with a system as pictured here, you can run separate return lines which should in theory eliminate the restrictions. I have yet to test this out though, but hopefully I soon will be.

The big line is the gravity feed to the pump while the two smaller ones are returns from hydro and the cooler.

Attachments

• 20220107_183430.jpg
    20220107_183430.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210516_170917.jpg
    20210516_170917.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member