Cutting stock springs

Bill94vert

Reaction score
Not on the stang but my DD my 07 Ford edge. I have aftermarket 20's on it and the wheels gap is killing me, the after market selection on these are very limited H&R makes a kit but only drops it 1.25 front and 1.5" in the rear which is good but not enough.

What are the con's on cutting my stock springs with lower the ride height am I actually going to lose a lot in ride quality or maybe handling?

Silver35th

Reaction score
I wouldn't cut the springs. If you want to drop it, do it right. Cutting the stock springs to go more than 1.5" drop will not be good for the ride or your bumpstops.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever heard of anyone lowering a Ford Edge.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Im running cut springs up front. The ride quality's alright but it could be much better with proper springs. Not to bouncy either and struts/shocks also play a factor.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah the 22s make up for it, I've seen sports in person and I always thought they looked lower. But I found out that the SEL's have 20s, Sports have 22s. I've seen an edge SEL on the smaller (17'' ?) wheels with air bags. looks sick

330CubeGt

Reaction score
They need to make a SVT twin turbo eco boost edge to compeat with srt8 jeeps

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
They need to make a SVT twin turbo eco boost edge to compeat with srt8 jeeps

That is the greatest idea I've ever heard Frank. I always thought they should have done something with the Explorer back in the 05-09 days of the TBSS and SRT8 but obviously no one listened lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Yea kill, I would buy one over a pickup truck. I really want a srt8 jeep but I hate the brand lol

OP
OP
Bill94vert

Bill94vert

Reaction score
There are guys modding their new eco boosts but a tt setup would be sick but there isnt much room under the hood so fitment would be challenging unless you stick the turbos under it somewhere

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Yea kill, I would buy one over a pickup truck. I really want a srt8 jeep but I hate the brand lol

Right on jeep is appropriately nicknamed heep lol

There are guys modding their new eco boosts but a tt setup would be sick but there isnt much room under the hood so fitment would be challenging unless you stick the turbos under it somewhere

You ever seen an ecoboost out of the bay Bill? Those twins the they have on them are about the size of my fist. You can stuff them anywhere lol. They're designed to fit cramped up in those already small engine bays. Keeps people going to the shop and spending money lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bill94vert

Bill94vert

Reaction score
Actually no i haven't.. A buddy of mine just recieved his brand new crate engine from ford..4 cylinder tt ecoboost. Serial #00001 hes gonna put it into a 66 vert as a cruiser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online