Damn polishing/waxing...how long does it take you?

wytstang

Reaction score
Matt94GT[/QUOTE said:
clearkote.jpg

I did Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze with a mild cutting pad (orange), Red Moose Machine Glaze with a polishing pad (white), then the regular "Carnuba Wax" with the finishing pad (black). I would of used the Moose Wax instead of the carnuba if I could get it where I buy all my detailing stuff online from he doesnt carry it...
Actually be glad you went with the Carnuba Moose wax cause "Moose wax" is a paint cleaner not an actual carnuba wax http://www.specialtymotoring.com/clearkote.htm Clearkote has somewhat of a confusing line up as far as names of the their products. Moose wax would have striped the VM/RMG right off lol that would have sucked.....

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So in other words I did it good? Right order? Good combo of products?

If I wanted to apply one application in a few weeks what would I throw on for a nice deep shine out of the 3?

wytstang

Reaction score
You choose the right one if you would have went with "Moose wax" that would have stripped everything. You did good. Carnuba Moose wax is the LSP (last step product) VM/RMG are not designed to be stand alone products Carnuba Moose wax is.

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ok so if I want to add some more shine just put another layer of the carnuba?

Here is another pic I took last night as the sun was setting, really shows how cool laser red looks in certain lights.

Its completly un-edited in photoshop just re-sized.
laserred.jpg

Caldwell

Reaction score
Damn you and your red.

your before picture wasn't all that bad, but the after picture, of course, is 10x better.
it was worth the work there's no doubt, but i just wouldn't want to do it every day :D

don't you feel better now that you kept at it?

NXGHOST

Reaction score
Just an exterior detail takes me 5-6 hours. I have been detailing for 10+ years. Don't rush the detail! Not just that but the most important part is to not put all your work to waste. Maintenance and proper washing/drying will keep that 6 hour detail looking good all summer. Neglect it and your finish will look like crapola after a few washes!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99