damn wheel fell off!!!

ROB 98GT

Reaction score
First of all the potholes were I live a really bad this year. There so bad that the city is paying for some repairs to your car if you can prove that the potholes damaged it. As I was driving home from work I hit a huge pothole and I heard a snap on the passenger side front end. I got out of my car and noticed that my front fender was almost touching my tire. It was a very busy intersection so I turned on my hazerds and coasted to the next parking lot. The whole time I could hear the tire rubbing a bit. As soon as I made it in the lot I turned the wheel and snap the ballbearing broke and my rim is now sitting at a 90 degree angle under my fender!! :mad:. Well off to the shop it goes. I'll keep you guys posted with the outcome. First thing i'm doing tommorrow is getting the application from the city and start filling it out. I understand that theres wear and tear on the front end, but at least i'll try.!! At least it didn't happen on the freeway that I usually would take home, this time I went a different way home, I guess I could have been killed?!!?? Later

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
yeah, what is a ballbearing?

and if like what was said above, if it is your balljoint.. depending on which side you need, i may have an a-arm to sell you....because changing out an a-arm is much easier than changing out a ball joint...

Casper98gt

Reaction score
I have been in youre boat. Except a week after putting on my SLP Powerflo setup which i thought was the best sound on a Mustang.... i had no choice but to drive over their "orange" warning manhole cover. It ripped my catback clear off my car. It was dual lanes and i was trapped. So need less to say it was a 500 dollar trip to the store. They wouldnt pay because it was clearly marked. :rockyou:

Either youre tie rod end broke, or youre balljoint. Could have possibly broke youre wheel bearing.

drifts14x

Reaction score
Make sure you have your steering rack checked out too, we had a lady that hit a curb with her van today (Windstar) and she actually bent the tie rod to a 45 degree angle, and damaged the steering rack as well, so get it checked out thoroughly and write your Mayor, or better yet, tell the news.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online