Depo Projectors with 9007 Bi Xenon bulbs?

SoCalHarley

Reaction score
I want to change to the Depo Projectors for my HID Setup. Presently running the Depo Clear lens headlights with Bi Xenon 9007 bulbs. I want to use the 9007's in a Projector setup but I believe all of them use a 9005 or 9006 bulb. I want to use the BiXenon 9007 in the Projector and then put a running light I guess in the unused reflector. I like the Depo stuff but would be open to other options. Any of you guys have any ideas?
Thanks

95PGTTech

Reaction score
My DEPO projectors came with a 9007 to 9005/9006 setup harness

OP
OP
S

SoCalHarley

Reaction score
Thanks... so the Depos take a 9005 and a 9006 bulb? The 9007 will not plug into the projector side?

95PGTTech

Reaction score
correct. the old 9007 socket plugs into the harness, which ends in a 9006 and 9005 bulb on each side. bulbs are supplied with kit, and are okay. I converted my 9006 lows to HIDs and had a thread about it, the light output is tremendous. solved my night vision problems completely.

OP
OP
S

SoCalHarley

Reaction score
So the Low is the Projector and the High is the non-projector light, correct? I searched for your post but did not find it. Would you mind posting the link. I did see some pics of your car with the projector lights and they look perfect, great looking car as well. Thanks

95PGTTech

Reaction score
correct
http://sn95forums.com/index.php/topic,12309.0.html

and a quote from another post
whether they look good or not is a matter of personal taste

daytime shot of the headlamps
cobra087.jpg

daytime shot of the HIDs
cobra054.jpg

your guess as to which one is the 6000K

and a night shot of the HIDs
keep in mind this shot is taken directly under your average streetlight. so the beams that you see projected are how much MORE brighter they are than the streetlight's output
cobra060.jpg

an idea of the color
cobra013.jpg

My setup consists of the DEPO headlamps I referenced here, plus an eBay set of 6000K 9006 HIDs. Keep in mind that the dual-lense style of the DEPO headlamp requires you to swap your 9004 bulb setup for a 9005/9006 bulb setup. A plug-and-play wiring harness is included in the kit and takes about ten minutes to install. The HIDs then plug into the 9006 low beam bulbs.

As with anything, I am pleased but I have my gripes:

1. on the corner lenses, the rubber trim around the edges (weatherstrip?) cracked and peeled off within 2 months
2. the headlights flicker once about every 30 minutes and both sides randomly go out once a week (wiggle the fuse on the wiring harness, and it's back)
3. the HIDs interfere with radio reception - I only get my strongest station. It works fine with no headlights on, or just the parking lights on, but the minute you pull the button out for headlights, static on everything but 94.5FM. Tried turning just one side on. No dice. Tried grounding the HIDs better. No dice. Tried getting a better antenna - nothing. I have isolated the problem to either the HID kit itself or the fact that I'm running so much wire (stock wiring harness into adapter harness into HID harness is about 30 feet). I'm going to try a different brand HID kit.

But for the price I paid, about $200, I can't gripe that much. They look alright in the daytime, and are insanely better than what was in there at night, and don't seem to bother the other drivers at all. I got a set of halo one piece black housing headlights as a partial trade for doing some work on a mustang, so I'm going to take my old maculloch 4300K HID kit out of the Probe and put it in with those headlamps and see what's what. I paid almost $250 for that kit back in the day when HIDs were 'rare.'/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online