Did a Saleen blower install on a 07 this weekend.....tons of pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 94twinscrew, Apr 18, 2007.

1. 94twinscrew

94twinscrew Active Member

My best friend Jamie and I did a Saleen stage 2 475whp kit on saturday, for our friend Mike .....we started at 2pm,and finished every thing at 12am. Did it all under 8 hours,including taking a few beer and pizza breaks :naughty: The car is so freaking new,our hands never got dirty.lol It only has 700 miles!!!! The car already has a few good bolt ons already,like 4.56's,x-cal,exhaust, and CAI kit. One of our friends is a tuner at XX Tuning,so he was nice enough to come out on sunday morning during the blast of rain,to give it a base tune flash. Mike's going this Thursday for a dyno tune,so he can see what it's putting down. He's now officially bitten by the modding bug,and now has a box of new goodies for us to install. (full lowering kit,wheel spacers,and elenor grill)lol

All in all, the install went completely smooth(only swore once).lol The instructions were horrible,but enough to give you a push in the right direction. The install consisted of the following......

Saleen stage I kit
    Saleen stage two upgrade package (injectors,new air induction,7-8psi pulley,and coolant hose upgrade)
    Inner cooler with pump
    Autometer boost and fuel pressure gauges with A pillar

I have to say that after driving it,I have a new lust for these cars. They handle great,no interior noise,and easy to modify. And ford finally did the electrical right on this car....the connectors rock. Chris said he expects atleast 480rwhp on thursday....I'll put up the number's as soon as I can.

enjoy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Of course I had to detail it before he left..... I hate my OCD.lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

looks awesome, minus those ugly stipes. :eek:utofcloset:

3. FIVELITERS

FIVELITERS Well-Known Member

Woooow! Thats sex! Yeah i'm loving the 06-07's more and more and more, and DAMN that engine bay is cleaner than my.....

DAMN THAT ENGINE BAY IS CLEAN! :eek:

4. SvtBlack95

SvtBlack95 Well-Known Member

looks hott guys great job on the install

5. ju015dd

ju015dd Well-Known Member

nice

6. 94twinscrew

94twinscrew Active Member

I hear ya,I didnt want to see it go.lol Ford did such a great job on this platform....even little details like the engine bay having the same clearcoat,with no overspray.(it looks like a show car)...I felt like we got robbed on the sn-95's :'( They even made the windows automatically go down the minute you lift the door handle,so as to relieve air pressure in the cabin :'(

7. *angiestars*

*angiestars* Member

we did a seleen blower install on my friend's '05 in Feb. '06, took us about 4 afternoons, it was pretty easy but it was SOOOOOO damn cold(snow and ice lol) that it took a bit longer since we were having to take breaks like every 30-45 mins to warm up haha.

Those s197's are great cars! pretty much luxury cars compared to my sn lol

8. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

That looks great!

9. gt96stang

gt96stang Well-Known Member

Looks good O0 O0.. can't wait to hear the final numbers.. Keep us updated..