Ditching quads?

Spd0lit

Reaction score
Well I'm wanting to put some 315s out back. I'm unable to just flip the quads because the strange shock are to close to the quads if i flip them. I have MM LCAs if that makes a difference but i would like some help if it is ok to just ditch them.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
+1, if you had stock LCAs on the other hand, it is recommended that you keep them, although i have lowering springs and tockio shocks and
struts, with stock LCAs, and i dont experience any "wheel hop" that supposedly should happen.

4point6GT

Reaction score
i got mine flipped n my 315s r fine....wanna get some LCAs and UCAs tho

gt96stang

Reaction score
I've got u/l control arms and I ditched them a long time ago since one of them was rubbing my 315 tire..
So do it... 315's>quad shocks..

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I have LCA but I got rid of them before that and didnt notice a difference. Ditch em.

4point6GT

Reaction score
i was outside for a while checkin out my 315s, n i noticed a lil rubbin on my right rear, i got my quads flipped jus so you kno..... but now im scared as fuck to drive around parkin lot, barely nany rubbin but i love my car and any lil thing thats wrong really upsets me. what can i do ? are LCAs my answer for no more rubbin ? what the hell is that lil tube besides bottom of tire ? it is so close that it looks like its rubbin up againt it n if it is do you think they are my problem ? :help2: pls

4point6GT

Reaction score
ok, thanx :thumb:......been workin 12hr days.... blowin all my check on my car :banana: going to work tomorrow too but i dont mind, $18/hr all day long baby 8)

OP
OP
S

Spd0lit

Reaction score
finally ditch them. The new rims are on and sexy but there is a little bit of rim exposed on the outside that i don't know if it should be there or not.

OP
OP
S

Spd0lit

Reaction score
yea you see what i mean it looks like it wasn't seated properly or something. Here is a better pic.

[attachment deleted by admin]

S

scarface

looks like there is no lip protector made into the tires ???

OP
OP
S

Spd0lit

Reaction score
i guess thats what i get for shityhomos but thats all i could afford in the back for now.

gt96stang

Reaction score
GonPlad said:
i guess thats what i get for shityhomos but thats all i could afford in the back for now.

Yes, sumi's are crap.. I know because I have them... They do not have any rim guard, and they are very crappy with traction... But you do get what you pay for soo.. I can't complain when they cost $100 each.. But my next set of tires will be some BFG drag radials..

FHATTCATT

Reaction score
GonPlad said:
yea you see what i mean it looks like it wasn't seated properly or something. Here is a better pic.

That really does look weird. I have run Nitto 315's before and didn't need to flip or ditch the quad shock when doing so. My last rim/tire combo had 18x10's on the back with steamroller BFG drag radials and I flipped the quads- but they were still on the car.

S

scarface

Nittos run small, you wouldnt need to flip with that brand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online