Do I NEED a tune after a PI swap???

96gt226410

Reaction score
I'm going to finish my PI swap soon and I was wondering if I need a tune? "Need" being a key word here. I'm piss broke as it is. :'(

jpajkos

Reaction score
I would do it. Your Air fuel will be off. If you plan on doing more mods in the near future hold off. A tune is like giving your car a fresh start and kinda like keeping it up to date kinda thing. I know those are wierd anaolgies (spelling) but you'll squeeze a few extra ponies out of it also. :thumb:

ripper

Reaction score
If you dont have the mony then you dont. It may run a little ruff at first but eventually the computer will adjust to the change. It will probubly detect the more airflow and run rich. If you hear a ping though get it done right away. Detonation will kill it.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yikes, pinging lol, you really want to run 93 in it too, if not then 91 or whatever they sell there. maybe throw in some oct booster or something.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
all i need are the h/c now, i have the intake... so i guess once i get the other two ill get a tune. how much does a tune like that usually run??

ripper

Reaction score
Here in jersey its like 500 bux. But ive seen it cheaper in other states. Thats a dyno tune.

voidfinger

Reaction score
depends on if you have a chip and how many places that tune. Around where i use to live they charged like 1 g but they were only place in like 200 miles that tuned. Go figure. :rant:

ripper

Reaction score
Holly shit man thats alot of money. Guess when your the only one you make the price.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you don't need a tune until you add aftermarket cams, i drove around for 2 years with no tune on my PI swap with all the bolt ons you could think of. I didn't even get a tune after i swapped to VT heads and Comp 262ah's but i barely drove it that often and it would stall at the red light.

Now i would definately get one as soon as you could afford it to maximize the hp and a/f ratio.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online