Dome Light Issue

rio_snek

Reaction score
The dome light in my 95 cobra won't come on. Both map lights work as they should, but the middle dome light won't turn on. It hasn't worked since I bought it and I thought maybe it was just a bulb, but that's not the issue. Doesn't work opening the doors or with the dimmer switch. Is it possible for a fuse or something to just cause the middle light not to work?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you replace it with an led replacement? If so they are polarized unlike the old bulb meaning you have to have the correct + and - sides and it will go in either way. Iff yo uhave replaced it with an led start by pulling the bulb back out, turning it 180 degrees and then reinserting. If it does not light up at that point then while you are there test for voltage. Have we checked any fuses? It takes 2 mins to do a quick check and inspect them all to be sure that they are all good.

OP
OP
rio_snek

rio_snek

Reaction score
I flipped the bulb around and checked all the fuses with no luck. When I turned the bulb, I noticed that the terminals (probably not the right word for them) that hold the bulb in were spread out a little and the bulb had some wiggle room, so I removed the dome light assembly and squeezed the terminals to get them tighter on the bulb. Flipped the bulb back to the original direction and plugged it back in, and now everything seems to work fine. I'm not sure if the terminals were the issue or if the previous owner removed the assembly to do LED map lights and just didn't get it plugged back in correctly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online