Drivability - 1400 RPM Hesitaion???

laws4dot6

Reaction score
Hello, here is a question for some of you vetreans... I have the following: 98 GT 5 speed, 02 Windsor 4.6 swap, Crower stage 2 cams, mild port and polish on the heads, C&L Intake, 80mm Mass Air, BBk 75mm TB, C&L Plenum, spacer, Mac Long Tubes, Pro Chamber, Cat Back, live wires coil packs and plug wires. I just had it tuned by Jim Pashall at SWTuning here in Oklahoma City with his SCT tune on my 98 computer. I have always had a light stumble and or hestitation at 1400 RPM. No problem accelerating thru that RPM from idle, but at a steady speed in any gear there is a stumble or miss everytime. This goofyness has always been there since the engine swap. It makes it tricky because sometimes taking off from an intersection you will look like a novice and or poor clutch foot or you cannot keep a steady speed at that RPM, which causes you to be in a higher gear, when you would rather just loaf along quietly. 1300 or 1500 RPM no problem. 1400 RPM is the sour spot. Any help and or recommendations to check?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online