Driveline issues w/ the cobra

BigTang

Reaction score
I'm having some issues w/ my car and before i start ordering parts that I think will fix it i wanted to get some input.

I can't put the car in reverse w/o rowing through the gears and then cramming it in reverse when the car is off I do not have this issue.
Coming to a slow roll then slowly taking off again I'll take it out of 1st, nearly stop then go back in 1st and the trans "bangs" before I even start to release the clutch.(think creeping in traffic). The bang sounds like bad ujoints or a worn out rear end popping but its from the trans.
Is this clutch adjustment, its disengaging but maybe not 100%? Stock quadrant, unknown clutch w/ unknown miles, stock appearing cable. Otherwise the clutch seems ok.

If I were to order new parts what should I look for? Whats a good clutch to put in a mostly stock car that isn't super hard at the pedal?

dutch

Reaction score
sounds like the clutch isn?t disengaging properly

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
Your cable might be stretched, order an OEM cable and see if that helps.

OP
OP
B

BigTang

Reaction score
Thats kind of what I was thinking considering the car has about 200k miles on it.. I didn't know what the best solution would be, i'll go ahead and pick up a replacement cable and go from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online