Duraflex Colt 2 Bodykit Installation Help...

paulogt22

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new here and I first want to thank everybody for helping other people save money to work on their stangs. I have the duraflex colt 2 bodykit and I am stuck on installing them. I did not think that it was going this hard. I fitted the front bumper last night and sure enough it is a two man job. I am not sure how or where to screw or secure the bumper. If there are some modifications I need to do, please let me know. Instructions and pictures will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everybody!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
lol, dumb is as dumb does....ur somethin like that, lol!! so ur wanting to know how to install ur kit? do u know how to remover ur existing bumpers and sides?

OP
OP
P

paulogt22

Reaction score
Yes....

I took off the front bumper last night and it was pretty easy. When i fitted the front bumper bodykit i don't see how i can secure it on the fenders.

metalman302

Reaction score
So it does not have the plates with the studs that go in the fenders like the stock bumper?

cantbuytime

Reaction score
Sounds like a messed up deal.

Do u have any pictures of the bumper? It should be easily hung by yourself...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
most aftermarket bumpers dont have the brackets on the sides. they usually require you to utilize the factories with break half the time when you remove them. yo ucan order a new pair from cjpony if so. otherwise you have to drill 2 new holes in the fenders to line up with the 2 holes that should be in the upper back sides of the new bumper. your bumper should of come with paperwork to give you the exact measurements. the part that the paperwork wont tell you is that you need to fab up a plate to go behind the bumper so that the duraflex material is sandwiched inbetween 2 pieces of metal otherwise your bumper wont be stable from all of the weight.

start there and see if that gets you anywhere.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its not uncommon for aftermarket pieces(especially knock offs) to not fit well at all and cause the body shop people fits. I think it would be one of those things I would pay someone to do and do right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online

No members online now.