Boost Level after Kenne Bell Install

Ekwilson08

Reaction score
Hey Everybody I have a 98 Cobra over the winter and early spring I installed a ton of parts on the my Cobra. Biggest item was the Kenne Bell 2.1 Supercharger. Supporting mods include : BBK headers and x pipe, 90mm Lighting MAF, 60lb injectors with 255lph pump and external regulator, JLT intake, Snow Performance stage 2 methanol. Accufab throttle body.
My question is When going WOT I'm hitting 13lbs of boost. In the catalog from Kenne Bell it says around 9lbs should be expected. IM tuning my self and its running great, my AFR is fine no issues with fueling. I am just worried that for stock motor that's too much boost. Can I get your opinions on getting a bigger pully or just run it. Thanks

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
You're over what the stock internals can handle, sort of on borrowed time. You want to be at 10 psi or less. If running E85 (and fuel system is configured for it and the computer is tuned for it), that's a different story.

TTSaleen

Reaction score
An exhaust restriction can cause higher boost levels.
Are you running offroad midpipe, and 2.5" exhaust?
If you still have catalytic converters, they could also be a source of restriction and causing high back pressure.

OP
OP
E

Ekwilson08

Reaction score
An exhaust restriction can cause higher boost levels.
Are you running offroad midpipe, and 2.5" exhaust?
If you still have catalytic converters, they could also be a source of restriction and causing high back pressure.
I have a full header back exhaust all brand new. BBK long Tubes with Catted X pipe to mangaflow exhaust.

OP
OP
E

Ekwilson08

Reaction score
You're over what the stock internals can handle, sort of on borrowed time. You want to be at 10 psi or less. If running E85 (and fuel system is configured for it and the computer is tuned for it), that's a different story.
I figured, I was just surprised with the stock pully it was making so much boost. didn't know if I was missing anything.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
What kinda boost gauge you running ? My vaccum boost guage reads way higher than my Holley dash off the map sensor .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.