Dyno time tomorrow!

Marvin97

Reaction score
Heading back to the dyno tomorrow, getting the car retuned N/A and on a 100shot of spray. Any guesses what it'll make?

01 C-headed 4v
Flowtech longtubes
Catless Mac X-pipe
SLP LM2's
JLT CAI
NX wet kit

OP
OP
Marvin97

Marvin97

Reaction score
about 315rwp ... 420rwhp with 100 shot..

BTW.. Never have gotten me a good video of the exhaust!!!! I DEMAND IT!!!
I apologize man I completely forgot about it. I'll be taking vids of the pulls tomorrow, and if it isn't raining I may take a vid of the exhaust driving around a bit.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
long tubes? dont the 01 motors see good numbers compared to the dinky 97 4V's with long tubes?
I'd say 320rwhp NA, maybe even a tad more. Nitrous 400.

I'd love to swap to an 01 motor but mine only has 65k miles on it.

the.greg

Reaction score
My guess is 300 n/a 415 on spray. What brand nos kit is it btw? Good luck tomorrow!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I feel like this is probably the closest. It's getting tuned at Speedy's in Owensboro, Ky. It's a nitrous express kit

some good guys, they did my tune last year on my HCI swap. I am going to make another trip after I get my money(hurry up damn gov) and get another tune done as I was having ignition problems last year and needed to replace a couple things to make a clean run.

OP
OP
Marvin97

Marvin97

Reaction score
I'm uploading a video to photobucket now. The N/A numbers were where I thought they'd be, the nitrous numbers were crazy though. They use a SuperFlow WinDyn, which is a loaded inertia dyno that reads about 10% less hp than a DynoJet Chassis Dyno.

Superflow numbers N/A were 276rwhp 312rwtq. DJ numbers would be 303rwhp/344rwtq, roughly. My hp didn't change much from the last time it was there na, but I picked up nearly 50rwtq from just tuning. Car was running pretty rich when we first loaded it up.

Superflow numbers on 100hp shot, Nitrous Express solenoids 57/33, it laid down 452rwhp/553rwtq. And honestly it scared the crap out of me. We initially thought something had to be wrong. Everyone except the tuner himself accused me of using the wrong jets, or putting them in the wrong spots. So we pulled the jets, but they were right. I asked the tuner and he said he wasn't surprised by the power it made. "Modular engines respond very well to nitrous" he said. I still didn't think it was right, or safe. So for comparison he pulled up old dyno graphs from a local racer who runs a 2v new edge car with vt stage 2 cams and a 150shot from a NX kit. Our NA and Nitrous graphs look nearly identical, with him turning a little more power than me on spray. Fyi, this guy has been racing this car for nearly 5years with this setup on a stock shortblock and has gone 11.40's without a hiccup.

ram360

Reaction score
Awesome numbers, man can't beat the bang for $ you get from nitrous. I have all sorts of nitrous stuff in the classifieds and nobody wants to touch it. Too bad. Go fast on the cheap.

OP
OP
Marvin97

Marvin97

Reaction score
Awesome numbers, man can't beat the bang for $ you get from nitrous. I have all sorts of nitrous stuff in the classifieds and nobody wants to touch it. Too bad. Go fast on the cheap.
Thanks for the switch plate too Ram360, I had to modify it a little to make my switches work but it looks real nice. Car runs so much better now and pulls like a beast up top, I'll don't doubt i'll be setting a new best next time out NA and hurting some feelings on the jug :)

OP
OP
Marvin97

Marvin97

Reaction score
Im still trying to upload a video to photobucket, my router is being temper-mental and keeps losing the internet connection randomly and stopping the upload. Sadly the nitrous pull video is messed up for some reason and not working but the NA video is fine.

ram360

Reaction score
Thanks for the switch plate too Ram360, I had to modify it a little to make my switches work but it looks real nice. Car runs so much better now and pulls like a beast up top, I'll don't doubt i'll be setting a new best next time out NA and hurting some feelings on the jug :)

haha, yea no doubt you'll be doing that next time out bro. That's a nasty ride. Can't wait to see some track vids.

OP
OP
Marvin97

Marvin97

Reaction score
Heres the vid, don't pay attention to the purge as the tuner was playing with my switches getting ready for the next pull

C
lick to watch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online