Dyno Tuning Question

George

Reaction score
So I'm installing a supercharger on my 98 GT and have all the parts in order to complete the build. But this is the first time I've ever done a forced induction build as well as a build that is going to require a Dyno Tune.

My question is.

I was at my local dyno tuner today picking a techs brain but the answer I got was quite unclear. I was asking him what software as in which tuner/chip he would like me to install being it SCT, Bama, Diablosport etc. He more less said he doesn't care and let's the customer decide.

This is confusing me. Does this mean that Dyno Tuning Shops have the ability to adjust A/F and make adjustments with any tuner/chip? Or is a tuner/chip even needed? Can they just jump into the factory computer and adjust with there equipment and software?

So to simplify. Do I need to purchase a tuner/chip or will the dyno shop have the equipment to do so?

If so. What tuner/chip would you guys recommend?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Usually the shop has a picked brand.
But yes you will need a chip or tuner.
I would recommend not using bama. Use SCT or diablo.

Previously I had a SCT tuner (well still have it) and now I'm running on a diablo chip.

To my understand you can't get a diablo tuner for our cars? Diablo decided not to support them?

OP
OP
George

George

Reaction score
Okay thanks Orange 94, the guy at two feather here in Grande Prairie said an SCT would work. You gave me some helpful advice on my other thread. Where a outs in Alberta are you? Is there any Mustang meets or anything around Edmonton? Me and my friend would like to check one out.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Okay thanks Orange 94, the guy at two feather here in Grande Prairie said an SCT would work. You gave me some helpful advice on my other thread. Where a outs in Alberta are you? Is there any Mustang meets or anything around Edmonton? Me and my friend would like to check one out.

SCT is a good brand

I didn't even notice you're from Alberta.
I'm from Lethbridge.
I'm not sure about Edmonton, there should be a decent amount. Red deer was last week and tomorrow is Calgary for mustang mets. If you want to come down to Calgary there's a nice small one on Aug 17, I'll be at that one hopefully. Join fastfordsofcanada forum and you should be able to find some Alberta shows.

OP
OP
George

George

Reaction score
Cool well thanks for the tip, and great car man! Yeah cal town is a haul for a meet. Edmonton would be alright for me. It's a 16 hour round trip there and back lol

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool well thanks for the tip, and great car man! Yeah cal town is a haul for a meet. Edmonton would be alright for me. It's a 16 hour round trip there and back lol
Yeah I know, I've been to high prairie a couple times.
Edmonton is a bit far for me for a show unless I make a long weekend out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online