Dyno Update

blown98gt

Reaction score
First off being overseas while the car is at the dyno = suckage but in some ways i think it's better because i don't have to sit around worrying nonstop about it blowing up lol... just an update on what happened yesterday/today in the states and what my emails said..
(for those of you who didn't catch the last thread had to take betty to the dyno and she had a blown intake manifold gasket and so she had to have some heart surgery but she got fixed and did get some dyno time) Most mods are in my sig...

The car was on the dyno today it made 596 hp (chris didn't say how much tq) but it made 596 at 19# of boost and kept blowing pipes off (3 pipes to be specific) so they are going to change out the worm clamps for t-bolt clamps and put it back on. He said it's well into the 600 range but they were stopping around 4800 rpms because it was blowing the pipes off. Anyways i'm racking up a bill at MD but i'm just to the point where i need it fixed and done and i should have done this from the start, but it's there now till it's 100% done.

So that is just a little update i'll make sure that Chris emails me the Dyno sheets when it's 100% done but that is just a little update for everyone. Wish me and betty luck she needs it. The dyno has 1 or 2 outcomes for everyone who takes it there.. Either A. All your dreams come true or B. You need up pissed off with a huge bill. So far it is doing good though and they really got to make some hard pulls today when i talked to him but he was thinking it had a lot more in it. I got an email first off asking if the block was Forged and i laughed when i called chris and i was like, " no i put a 2.90 pulley 8 rib kit and meth all on a stock short block" he just laughed along with me... He said that he thinks it'll be 650ish or higher hopefully close to 700hp but we'll have to wait and see, keep your fingers crossed...

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Just be happy that your car makes good QUALITY power, dont ever chase a number... youll never be happy

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I hope you reach your goal but I never understood number chasing b/c after awhile you cant use that kind of power on the street and in order to use it all at the track you have to turn it into an all out drag car. But some people want numbers just to have numbers too

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
Just be happy that your car makes good QUALITY power, dont ever chase a number... youll never be happy
in addition to that keep in mind that dyno numbers really dont mean jack. Yes they are good to show what kind of power your making but if you can get that to the ground and turn it into a good et.........your just spinning your wheels. Literally hahahah

they are neat too look at in your sig too :icon_rr:

OP
OP
B

blown98gt

Reaction score
well i've got a Eibiach pro launch drag kit along with 33 spline axles so i'm not worried at all about getting it to stick at the track i think it'll pull either a high 9 or low low 10... see the thing is they haven't tuned in my meth kit yet they wanted to get it tuned without fully first before they plugged it back in and tuned with it. they only got it up to 4800 rpms so 5800 rpms plus meth kit is a bit more of tuning time and i think it'll be around 650+ either way i'll be completely happy with it and will be more than happy just to have it back

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwiz760

Members online