Educate me and tips for my build up...

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the supercharger on the cobra is a completely different design. the lower manifold has the c-head design ports. it'd never work on your b-head.

I like the centrifical supercharger suggestion BigBore made. You have B-heads. embrace them! They flow MASSIVE amounts of air at higher RPMs, centrifical superchargers are designed for "higher" (in quotes as comparing them to a roots style) RPMs as well. merge these two together and drop some panties!

BigBore96

Reaction score
Funny thing is I got into a conversation about gearing with my tuner the other day. He said that for my application, and the amount of miles that I put on the car, 4.10's or higher will be over kill.....untill I get a 6 speed

Make sure you tell your tuner if you throw in standard t56 the final drive will basically stay the same. Many people think they have a 6 speed so it's better than my 5 speed on the highway. In 99% of the cases they are wrong. You have to run an aftermarket t56 like a magnum or viper spec to see any benefit.

Most t56's run a .63 6th gear. Where most 5 speeds in our cars are at .67 .68. Basically the same.
What you do get with a stock spec 6 speed is a 5 speed, with an extra gear between 4th and 5th.
Not to mention a heavier trans along with more powertrain loss due to the t56.

Nightmare

Reaction score
Make sure you tell your tuner if you throw in standard t56 the final drive will basically stay the same. Many people think they have a 6 speed so it's better than my 5 speed on the highway. In 99% of the cases they are wrong. You have to run an aftermarket t56 like a magnum or viper spec to see any benefit.

Most t56's run a .63 6th gear. Where most 5 speeds in our cars are at .67 .68. Basically the same.
What you do get with a stock spec 6 speed is a 5 speed, with an extra gear between 4th and 5th.
Not to mention a heavier trans along with more powertrain loss due to the t56.

Oh I know. The biggest reason for getting a t56 is for the extra gear. My tuner agrees that my plans for a T56 (find one that is blown, replace the internals, done) would be the best bet. In talking to Bill from CJ's, you cant beat the gas mileage that he was getting with either 4.10's or 4.56's........On the 2 rallies that he took his termy powered sn95 cobra, he was getting about 24mpg at 70.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was under the impression that 1st gear in the cobra T56 was slightly longer, plus the 6th gear was all additional on top of the 5th gear, But I could be completely wrong. lol.

BigBore96

Reaction score
It's a common thought although it isn't true about the cobra t56. They're a 5 speed with a a 4.5 gear.
Though you are correct they do get a longer 1st gear.

Gear
Ratio
1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

Reverse

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads