EGR Delete

solis

Reaction score
does anyone have a EGR Delete guide? i search but could only find one for a 03/04 cobra.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Take off egr stuff, cap header, block off hole in intake manifold, re-route vacuum lines.

Its really not hard, is there specific info you are looking for?

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
Take off egr stuff, cap header, block off hole in intake manifold, re-route vacuum lines.

Its really not hard, is there specific info you are looking for?

Yes the vacuum lines what needs to be re-routed? is there a diagram?

Her name is Jaz

Reaction score
Nothing really needs rerouting, you're just removing. You'll need like one vacuum cap to put on the vacuum tree in the intake. Remove the solenoids from in the fender well, the EGR tube and valve, cap the intake where it bolts on and you'll need the cap for where the tube rubs down to the header unless you're replacing headers with off-road units. And then if you go as far as I did, have a chip burner burn you a chip with all EGR function turned off.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Her name is Jaz

Reaction score
Whoops my bad, I was thinking 94-95. Sorry.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I dont have any kind of diagram but with a little thought, you can re-route them. Nothing has to be cut, just pull the red and green hoses out of the rubber boots and re-route. Can you post a picture of your vacuum lines and Ill be able to help a little more directly.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This has been discussed in depth numerous times in the past. Actually, I planned to do it myself, but never did because it doesn't provide any HP gains of any kind. The only advantage to doing an EGR delete is a cleaner engine bay. Aside from the obvious things like capping and rerouting things, etc, the car also has to be tuned for it, or else it'll start throwing codes. Also something to keep in mind, you will fail emissions if you're located in a state or locale that does testing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online