EGR with manifold spacer

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
I have a 1in spacer with my gt40 intake manifold and the EGR doesnt come close to bolting back up the the tube that comes up from the header. the EGR is positioned closer to the driver side and is too high. how can i fix this so i can pass emmisions?

FEAST SN95 JPN

Reaction score
SaleenStang94 said:
I have a 1in spacer with my gt40 intake manifold and the EGR doesnt come close to bolting back up the the tube that comes up from the header. the EGR is positioned closer to the driver side and is too high. how can i fix this so i can pass emmisions?

Im working on this same issue as we speak. Im thinking to use a short piece of hi-temp hose to seal the gap on the intake egr to tube area.

chickendreamer

Reaction score
SaleenStang94 said:
how can i fix this so i can pass emmisions?

Matt94GT said:
Im assuming you need your EGR stuff for emmisions, if not just remove it.

:hammer: Did you even read his entire post Matt? Heh...

I wouldn't use a piece of high temp hose, I doubt it will hold long. See if you can get an extension on it, maybe an exhaust shop can weld an extra length onto it?

OP
OP
S

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
Currently, i have a piece of hightemp hose connecting the exhaust tube to the egr, but the first hose blew out after a few weeks. now i bought a stronger hose but the egr is at such an angle i dont think exhaust in flowing through as it should. would a t/b spacer positioned b/w the elbow and the intake manifold compensate enough? btw i live in MD, i have to go on rollers like a dyno to get my emmisions tested. (I'm not sure but i assume i would need the egr)

ryclef331

Reaction score
Use copper tubing from lowes and then either solder it in as an extension or use high temp SILICONE tubing with clamps...if you just use the tubing as a coupler it will hold MUCH better than just using it by itself as the tube.

OP
OP
S

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Use copper tubing from lowes and then either solder it in as an extension or use high temp SILICONE tubing with clamps...if you just use the tubing as a coupler it will hold MUCH better than just using it by itself as the tube.
currently i do have high temp silicone tubing with clamps but the egr is above and to the right of the exhaust pipe (from the header) which creates a crimp in the silicone tube. this basically doesnt allow exhaust to flow through. would a t/b spacer positioned between the elbow and the intake manifold compensate enough? or possibly stainless steel braided hose could work?

wytstang

Reaction score
I think 50resto.com sold an extention peice so it will reach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online