engine bay

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, what do you guys use to clean, service, and detail your engine bays? I used to hit it with water, a can of de-greaser, and a hose down... followed by armoraling the plastic and flitzing the chrome.

now i dont have chrome... lol. and the plastic has been mostly reduced... SOOOO:

I've got brushed stainless tanks (flitz worked well)
radiator hoses
powder coated blower and valve covers
carbon fiber intake (with some clear coat on it)

how do i clean this shit? :p

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I only use Optimum Power Clean on engines. A lot of all purpose cleaners out there have a high PH and can damage engine parts, especially chrome, aluminum, etc.... Power Clean has a low PH and is safe on pretty much everything but cleans like crazy.

borlakid96

Reaction score
should the engine be cool or does anything else be taken cause the one time i tried my belt started screaming!

5ptSlow

Reaction score
Engine bay should be cool, cover all electronics and clean them separately. At least, that's what I've done.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for the info guys!

when i clean mine i cover all electronic parts (battery, alt, fuse box, ect) and i only do it when the engine is completely cold. Then after i rinse it off, i start it up and finish my wash...

Sinned83

Reaction score
I just clean my engine bay with APC covering up the alternator, intake etc and after rinsing I use a water based dressing to add some shine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shagg9

Members online