engine swap questions

quickdyl

Reaction score
ok so the base model is a v6 and im attempting to remove the v6 and swap it with a 351 and this is the first engine swap i have done of any caliber so i am just trying to get specific info on what i will still need to do after i get the v6 fully removed what engine mounts should i get? im not sure what else i will need i just have the motor right now and planning to track down a t5 v8 tranny and a new radiator and then the computer the motor i have is a 5.8 efi motor so any other tips that could be given i would greatly appreciate it

MikuTheDriftstang

Reaction score
generally speaking with an engine swap you're going to need the new engine. If you're going electronic fuel injection you are going to need either a stand-alone computer or the stock computer for that engin. You will need the bellhousing for the T5 which if you have one already that would be best to reuse the transmission if in good condition. if you have any skills fabricating I recommend making your own engine mounts if not amazon likely has a conversion kit or American muscle. You also need a ton of patience because it's not easy. You will likely need to cut and weld new panels in the engine bay. Custom exhaust is a must at that point. I would recommend having a nice assortment of tools too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online