engine swap.

muffin

Reaction score
i was wondering what modifications i would need in order to install a 302 into my mustang. I'm pretty sure i have a good idea but i want to see what you guys have to say. Thanks for your help.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
new k member, 94-95 GT ecu, and a transmission that will bolt to it

OP
OP
M

muffin

Reaction score
okay, yeah thats what i thought. thanks a lot for your help

OP
OP
M

muffin

Reaction score
The engine is out of a 87 mustang, will a 94-95 ecu still work or do i need one from a different year. Also will it plug into the main wiring harness? or will i have to get a new one? The computer i have in the car now was made for a 3.8 v6. i wasn't sure if the harness for the 6 was compatible for the 8cyl. engine.. Any help would be great and much appreciated! thanks again.

tommybunz

Reaction score
first thing what year is the stang. if its 94-5 then you dont need a k member all you need is the engine harness and ecu. also u will need the rear and last you will need to run a wire from the ignition to the ground of the starter. trust me because i had a v6 but now i have a 5.0 so ive done hte swap. well not actually a 5.0 because now im putting in a 351w on friday

OP
OP
M

muffin

Reaction score
its a 96... i know the older crown vic's had the same engine, trans ect and what not. could i take the k member from a donor car such as that and can you find them cheap? thanks for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.