exhaust again?

white98stang

Reaction score
i finally found a nice cheap mac exhaust but my only question is should i get the one that fits my 3.8 Y pipe or the one that has a H pipe??? Im clueless and please tell me why i should do the one or the other?

atlantic98stang

Reaction score
the h pipe will be a different sound then the y pipe bolt on...i say get the h pipe...it will sound better....

94stangr

Reaction score
If you want the most power out of your exhaust get a X

jpajkos

Reaction score
Under stand. If you want the H or X pipe set up you have to buy the H or X pipe along with the cat back. The Y pipe set it is for you stock system. I have a buddy who has the Y pipe set up and it sounds really nice. Im sure the H and X would sound even better.

1995v6fornow

Reaction score
i have the Y-pipe on mine and it sounds grreat!!!i recomend MAC great parts at a great price!!!

Greggerex

Reaction score
Good to hear.

I'm getting the MAC Y-pipe setup from Arts soon - it should be good enough for my setup.

When I turn up the boost I'll consider cutting it for a H or X - but the Y is good for now. Beats the hell out of my gutted single pipe I would bet, at any rate. :D

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Both setups will work fine with your car. Our little 3.8s don't put out enough power where the y-pipe is deemed inefficent. The main difference you'll have is sound. I went with true duals with out a crossover. So, I can't really say if the y-pipe or x/h-pipe will sound better. Exhaust tone wieghs heavily on personal preference.

Basically, get which ever setup you want. The x/h-pipe setup (True dual exhaust in general) is really only necessary for heavily modded engines. I'm a assuming the y-pipe is cheaper and in most cases is all people will ever need. So if you want to spend as little as possible, go the y-pipe bolt up. You should be able to do that setup in your own garage or driverway. If you want duals you're going to need to go to a shop and have them cut and weld it up for you. Unless you know what you're doing. I think you'll like the sound you get either way and what it really comes down to is how much do you want to spend.

dapack69

Reaction score
1995v6fornow said:
i recomend MAC great parts at a great price!!!

Mac may have great prices, but I wouldn't recomend them to anyone. I installed there long tube headers on mine in March and I'm going have to replace them withen two years.

OP
OP
W

white98stang

Reaction score
i dont want headers i just want to know how there cat back for y pipe sounds...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online