exhaust???

02GT

Reaction score
Just yesterday I got a true-dual catback exhaust with 40 series flowmasters, with 3" pipes and it looks and sounds good. Its loud and great at idling, IMO I would get that. But if you are looking for a deeper sound at idle but quieter down the road, I would go with the 60 series.

ripper

Reaction score
I had a guy in a sixer pull up next to me last week. He had a single exhaust from what i could see and the car sounded awesome. Very deep and throaty. If i see him again ill try to ask him what he has.

OP
OP
W

white98stang

Reaction score
Stevo said:
I had a guy in a sixer pull up next to me last week. He had a single exhaust from what i could see and the car sounded awesome. Very deep and throaty. If i see him again ill try to ask him what he has.

No offense i hate single pipes..... i think it may sound good but not so much on the looks department, i really recommend that mac y pipe bolt on, i guess ive said that 20 times in this thread but its cheap im tellin ya'll and sounds good not ricey ever even at high rpms... if you want me to put pics of it up on here i will and ill try to get some sound clips if you want em

huntingtonsurf21

Reaction score
hey man i'm in the same boat as you. high schooler stuck with a sixer trying to get the v8 sound. so what all did you get so i know what to look at and were you satisfied with it?

OP
OP
W

white98stang

Reaction score
huntingtonsurf21 said:
hey man i'm in the same boat as you. high schooler stuck with a sixer trying to get the v8 sound. so what all did you get so i know what to look at and were you satisfied with it?
oh yea man its perfect so id go for it

OP
OP
W

white98stang

Reaction score
96blackstang said:
I installed MAC GT exhaust on my V-6 with a custom X pipe and it sounds great to me...its got a deep tone to it...Heres a vid of it, its not the best vid but it gives you an idea of what it sounds like...(I need to make a better vid...)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2155329658363932256
remember 96blackstang cut his mid pipe and replaced it with an x which is a lot more than just a y pipe bolt on... i thought it sounded nice but i believe mine doesent sound as ricey when you let of the throttle but i liked it

96blackstang

Reaction score
white98stang said:
96blackstang said:
I installed MAC GT exhaust on my V-6 with a custom X pipe and it sounds great to me...its got a deep tone to it...Heres a vid of it, its not the best vid but it gives you an idea of what it sounds like...(I need to make a better vid...)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2155329658363932256
remember 96blackstang cut his mid pipe and replaced it with an x which is a lot more than just a y pipe bolt on... i thought it sounded nice but i believe mine doesent sound as ricey when you let of the throttle but i liked it

Yes I did that because I wanted true duals, not a y going into duals...In person its a lot deeper sounding...thats why I need to make a new vid, it jst doesnt do it justice...

02GT

Reaction score
To me, all MAC duals sound a little ricey. I like the flows a lot better, they sound deeper at idle and cruise well. My suggestion is go down to your local muffler shop and ask them what they think. Because a lot of people like different sounds and have different opinions of what sounds good, but the 40 series flows is the way to go IMHO

96blackstang

Reaction score
The place where I had mine installed, the guy was surpised cause he hadnt heard MAC on a V-6 Before. He said mine pretty much sounded like 40 series flows...But I agree, you can never go wrong with the 40 series, thats what I got welded in on the cobra

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online