Exhaust

easytones

Reaction score
I am planning to replace the stock exhaust on my 2000 Ford Mustang GT. Is Borla Exhaust a good option?

Mustanger

Reaction score
Borla is a VERY good exhaust! On the expensive side but of high quality. Very popular on corvettes & many high end cars. Mostly depends on if you like the sound of ANY exhaust IMO. I bet you will like the Borlas a lot. I absolutey LOVE the Borla Stingers on a Mustang 4.6 engine with straight pipes & no cats! Go look up the sound videos on youtube & check them all out

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Their are alot of great exhaust for these car, but my absolute favorite is stock cat Hpipe and straight through pipes in place of the muffler.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
You should really type in the various brands on youtube and see which tone you like the best. Everyone has a different taste, Borla, magnaflow, etc.
My two favorites are SLP or Flowmaster.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I love the hollow sound of flowmaster 40s but theyre just too common. I bottomed out crushing part of one of my flows so I replaced them with m80s and love them. Nobody has them, theyre cheap, stainless and sound mean. My top three are borla stingers, flowmaster original 40s and pypes m80s.

But 1998cobrasvt is right, search around on youtube and see what you like. Exhaust sounds are of personal preference, I may like a setup you hate and vice versa. Though you can use our suggestions as a starting point in your search.

Reaction score
I think borla stingers are fvcking awesome. They sound perfect on 4v mustangs. I personally have MagnaFlow mufflers and tru-x off road pipe with custom tubing and tips and the car sounds very similar, to me at least, as a 4v cobra with borla stingers. In addition to sound and tone I would also be thinking about does this setup just sound good or does it actually give me some performance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online