Experiences with Modular Depot?

SonicStang

Reaction score
After two months and and a couple emails I received my Xcal2 from them.
I loaded the tune that they created for me but it does not work. It does not recognize the Lightning MAF. No throttle response and a crappy idle.
There was no description, nothing in the box of the Xcal that said which parameters they changed in the tune. I was wondering about that.???

So I called them, yesterday and today but it's hard to get ahold of Ken. Hopefully I can get a working tune by the weekend because I leave to Italy in 2 weeks and I want to do that probably with the Stang.

Does anybody have experience with them? I am a member since before 2001 there (ok in 2003 their DB crashed so it says 2003) and I always thought THIS is the place to get your car tuned...

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
you tried posting on their forums? That is why I am leery about mail order tunes.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MD hasn't been the same since the "merged" with that other company...alot of guys on MD forums are always complaining about bad service now.

If you don't get it solved then send it back and order one from Don Lasota at www.lasotaracing.com

I purchased mine through him after alot of research and suggestions. He helped write the Xcal operating manual for SCT.
He also answered my emails and PM's (don95vert on stangnet) the same day...sometimes the same hour.

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I managed to talk to someone over there. They sent another tune which makes my car run too rich, some black soup comes out of my tailpipes and I am just getting 100 miles on a full tank. You are right Md is not the same it was before...

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got service like that from them before they merged. i bought an Xcal2 when it was new, they were supposed to update the tunes to reflect the end user adjustablity for free when that feature became available. I had to post a thread in their forum about it, and it still took about three weeks for me to get, after numerous phone calls and emails to no avail. I would send it back now, and honestly your best bet is to do it on a dyno.

waltnono

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
MD hasn't been the same since the "merged" with that other company...alot of guys on MD forums are always complaining about bad service now.

If you don't get it solved then send it back and order one from Don Lasota at www.lasotaracing.com

I purchased mine through him after alot of research and suggestions. He helped write the Xcal operating manual for SCT.
He also answered my emails and PM's (don95vert on stangnet) the same day...sometimes the same hour.

Thats who I'm going with for my xcal. I never had a hard time contacting him with questions. O0

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
Well after a couple calls and hours of music they sent a tune that makes the car at least driveable. I don't feel like calling them again to re-tune my tune. Might call some other company.