Want To Buy Export Taillights

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I kept getting responses that I was crazy asking $800 and that they were only worth $400

Most of them were upset because they have been priced out of the market and there isn't much they can do now but pay up or complain.

Racsirx

Reaction score
Well the guy who I sold my lights to, said he will sell them for $1500 if anybody is interested

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I kept getting responses that I was crazy asking $800 and that they were only worth $400

I got flamed hard core when I sold the $1300 set that I had last year. One guy in particular was a complete dick head about it... although I still don't understand why he was such an ass wipe... jealously perhaps? Oh well.
This was me on the way to the bank ---> :thefinger:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got flamed hard core when I sold the $1300 set that I had last year. One guy in particular was a complete dick head about it... although I still don't understand why he was such an ass wipe... jealously perhaps? Oh well.
This was me on the way to the bank ---> :thefinger:

IIRC the person who gave you the most shit is the same that was giving it to RacsirX.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so gonna get some junkyard lights and make my own export FAILs

I remember one of the guys from England saying they do this all the time with a dremel and glue. After a few sets he said the lights were really nicely done. They have to do it to pass inspection though.

If you can find some compatible amber lens would be the key. Getting stock lights cheap is easy you could sell repro's for a decent price and make some side $$$$$$$.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if I could make a profit by importing export mustangs and parting them haha.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you could use the same technique I used on my hood for the aerocatches to cut the hole and make the lens.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I remember one of the guys from England saying they do this all the time with a dremel and glue. After a few sets he said the lights were really nicely done. They have to do it to pass inspection though.

If you can find some compatible amber lens would be the key. Getting stock lights cheap is easy you could sell repro's for a decent price and make some side $$$$$$$.

you could use the same technique I used on my hood for the aerocatches to cut the hole and make the lens.

So.. It's actually feasible.. I wonder if I could use a heat gun to form "donor Amber lense material" to the SN curvature prior to assemble. The bulbs would be simple, LEDs...
[MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] can you link me to the method you speak of??

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
https://driiive.com/ttocs/1994FordMustangGT/#!/timeline/2989

I know acrylic is easy to bend into shapes with heat it could be as simple as making the shape on the end of some wood and then laying the plastic on top of it in an oven or under a heat lamp to slowly bend it over the shape of the wood. I thought about it this afternoon and if I were not busy rebuilding I would be making knock-offs for the forum....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online