Finally got my brake upgrade.

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by 95-stang, Feb 27, 2007.

1. 95-stang

95-stang Well-Known Member

Big thanks to CJ Ponyparts for my Cobra brake upgrade kit, they knocked a bit off the list, and managed to ship the whole thing to the UK for $150.
    That and they got it well before the estimated date as they were on back order at Ford.
    Fitted everything fine, and i seem to remember some saying if you dont fit the Cobra master cylinder [i have'nt yet] that it makes the pedal harder, so i'm assuming the cobra master has a bigger bore and therefore makes the pedal easier on the foot?
    Must admit they should have had these "dinner plate" size discs as standard. :)

2. 94Vert

94Vert Active Member

Is that for the rear? I looked at their site and the front looked like they cost 400

3. Suspect

Suspect Well-Known Member

4. 95-stang

"ship the whole thing to the UK for $150".
    Summit quoted me about $400 to ship the whole kit as did a few others, so yeh i think thats good.

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=340

It doesnt show the Master Cylinder on there, so yep, i assume its a cheaper kit, the kit i got is :

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294924755+4294922533+400070+115&autoview=sku

Its hard enough getting someone to ship to the UK, i cant afford to keep returning stuff if its wrong, so although i found this kit cheaper at a lot of places, they would'nt ship, or the shipping was more than double. I cant just drive to the nearest breakers for parts so a complete kit is a start.

Now can anyone answer my original query............ :)

5. Suspect

Suspect Well-Known Member

thats kool.

yea i didnt change out my mc and the pedal feel is just a lil more firm than stock. feels better like that imo.

6. 95-stang

Thanks for that, i just noticed it being a little firmer under my foot. :)