Finally got the Cobra to the dyno.....

NXcoupe

Reaction score
You have a beautiful car man, absolutely gorgeous.

BLOWN 95GT

Reaction score
What h/c/i are you running? My old 95 with the kenne bell made 400rwhp and 420 ftlb. to the ground with a sct chip. And you don't have to cut the wires on your stock maf connector all you need is the piggyback plug I think I still have one in the garage.
100_1872_090_090.jpg

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
NX thank you for the kind words.

I'm running AFR 165 heads, Steeda #19 cam with Cobra 1.7RR and a Cobra lower intake with a 1" Trickflow spacer. I didn't cut any wires to run my LMAF, I am running a wiring adapter that just plugs in. Works pretty well. Honestly I'm hoping for over 400hp but time will tell, I still need to hook up my meth injection also which should help.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
HCI and a Blower should put you over 400. Im making 300 with just the HCI...

BLOWN 95GT

Reaction score
The Kenne Bell will not make major HP numbers like a vortech or turbo, but what little it slacks in the hp making department it more then makes up for with torque and instant full boost no lag or having to build boost through the rpm range. Sometimes I wish I still had mine I miss the feel of instant 10psi of boost at 1500 rpm.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
HCI and a Blower should put you over 400. Im making 300 with just the HCI...

I'm hoping bro, like Blown said KB aren't big HP makers but they do make a pretty flat tq curve. I'm hoping for some decent numbers though, it makes decent power at 3000rpm so hopefully the HP and TQ curves will climb fast with the RPM.

OP
OP
O

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not been back to the dyno. The season is coming to a close and the car is running well enough to have a li'l fun with it so I'm not really pressured to get it back this year. I figure I'd rather get the methanol hooked up and the new exhaust on before taking it back not only to hopefully make more power but also to make the drive there and back much more tolerable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible

Members online