First post, seeking particular shift knob..

BadPony

Reaction score
2NUARTg.jpg

Lame first post here, I know. Long time Mustang admirer, finally got a 1994 GT five speed. Red with black cloth, just rolled over to 119k miles today. Whoopty doo. Anyways!

Anyone ever seen any of these produced or know where I can get one? My cousin had one on his Mustang, probably bought it about ten years ago. His just had the mustang logo engraved on it, I saw this on some leather company's website and didn't think I'd ever see one again. He bought it on ebay but I've scoured for hours and haven't found anything. :)

Wichers123

Reaction score
Keep searching they are out there.

I will say this, why do people use tee handle shifters, I mean did I not get the memo on its monkey bar and not a shifter handle?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The picture looks to have the redline leathers logo on it. If that is the case I have worked with them and could ask if they know who owned the car, if the know where it was. Where did you get the pic from?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with it either being a hurst or UPR piece. It's quite rare to see t-handles in Mustangs though I can't imagine them being comfortable at all

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've know a few guys with them over the years and I can't stand driving there cars .

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When I got my B&M Hammer shifter the first thing I ever did was get rid of the T-handle. They are ugly and annoying imo.

OP
OP
B

BadPony

Reaction score

Thanks! Looks like their work. I'll contact them!

I had two leather wrapped ball shifter knobs in my Tacoma but I replaced one of them with my dad's old Hurst T-Handle out of his '64 Chevelle. He'd roll over in his grave if he knew I re-tapped that sucker for a Jap Truck! lol

I like the Hurst, especially with my URD short shifter; but it gets hot as **** in the summer and cold in the winter. Metal shift knobs kinda suck, I liked the poly design of this one. The T-Design really helps you get 'er into third, unlike those Hurst "Pistol Grip" shifters, but my cuz had the same shifter I was lookin' for in his stang and it was some quality craftsmanship.

Caboose302

Reaction score
I had a t-handle in one of my foxes that only saw track time. Loved it on a drag race car, not so much on a dd car, but most of the people I know that have them grew up with old school cars. That being said, as far as t-handles go that's a pretty good looking one.

Toxzzic1

Reaction score
I went with the MGW shifter and one of there custom knobs. I love it! Three of my buddies have ditched the Steeda tri-ax they were using for MGW after driving my car. The last T handle was in a 90 camaro RS 305, 5-speed t-top car. That was back around 93.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online