First Time at the Track!

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Overall I would say I am pretty happy with my best time. Completely stock except for Flowmaster 40 series mufflers and an MGW shifter...

I missed third my first run, spun a lot on my second run and I think I ran pretty good on the last two runs. I had a fifth run but it was basically the same thing as the first.

What do you guys think? Pretty normal? I am in the left lane for all of the them, Car #51. First race was vs. my friends 03 GT, Second was some white car..., Third was a new Civic SI, 4th was my buddys Kenne Belle 02 GT

timeslips4vl1.png

S

scarface

you were getting better with each one :) that 60ft is killing you!

OP
OP
B

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
you were getting better with each one :) that 60ft is killing you!

Yea I know :mad: I was working on my launches...what do you think would be an achievable 60ft with street tires with my car?

ripper

Reaction score
Fun stuff huh? You hooked now? lol. Practice will take some time off your 60 footers. Be patient. I hate the left lane i always try to get right.

S

scarface

depends on what you call street tires...just plain ol tires could probably yield a 2.0, drag radial =sub 2.0s

OP
OP
B

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think my tires actually helped the times they were 285 goodyear eagle f1s maybe 1/2 tread left? but not drag radials

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
SgtMike said:
I think my tires actually helped the times they were 285 goodyear eagle f1s maybe 1/2 tread left? but not drag radials

exactly the DR's will almost dead hook on the line, plus they will allow you to come off harder than what you were on those street tires

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ummm was it boring enough at the track that everyone fell asleep at the lights? :hammer: :hammer:

jk...the runs weren't that bad. O0

OP
OP
B

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
ummm was it boring enough at the track that everyone fell asleep at the lights? :hammer: :hammer:

jk...the runs weren't that bad. O0

:hammer:, the way the R/T was setup I am 95% sure the best you could get was a .5 without red lighting. I didnt think they were that bad :dunno: but the R/T doesnt effect your run time at all so I wasn't too worried about it, tried to concentrate on the launch. (assuming that is what you were talking about?)

Stevo said:
Fun stuff huh? You hooked now? lol. Practice will take some time off your 60 footers. Be patient. I hate the left lane i always try to get right.

But yea I am definitely hooked now, I wanna go back after adding a few things and hopefully see some improvements :thumb:

Downshift

Reaction score
Not to bad of times, I have been wanting to go for a while now. Hoping to go in a couple weeks. Low 14s are a good posibility with a little lower 60ft/

LI98GT

Reaction score
I have similiar tires, Goodyear F1s in 275/40s but hooked just a little better than you and was able to cut 2.0Xs. What were you launching at and what were your tire pressures set at in the rear? I launched at approx. 2k rpm and tires were at 30lbs. When I launched higher ~3krpm, I felt it not hook as well and was cutting 2.2s.

OP
OP
B

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was launching around 2k and tire pressure was abomut 28psi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member