First time owner

RichieIce

Reaction score
Hey now!!

So I’ve basically been a fan of mustangs my entire life, especially the 94-95 when they first came out. Having kids I’ve always opted for the more family friendly practical route. About 6 months ago we bought a new ‘family” car and my ol trusty Yukon cL has just been sitting around. The first thought was to just sell it and buy me a stang. Unfortunately, the market for a 01 Yukon is pretty cold lol. So my next train of thought, I’ll trade it [emoji2373] of course my wife thought I was crazy. I finally found a guy with a 95 gt convertible whose daughter needed a suv for his grandkids. He was the original owner and the car has never been molested. So I drove 1.5 hrs down the road to check it out. The car has been sitting for the last 4 years and basically needs everything besides body work. Needless to say I traded anyways.

Now my 2 youngest sons and I have a helluva project on our hands. We kind of have an idea of the direction we’re going to go. In the meantime we’re getting all the maintenance caught up. I’ve been reading the posts since I got the car and have learned a lot from you other guys and will continue to do so.

39abdf7e01d9f401b9f5ee2cab588028.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the family! Wives rarely “get it” when it comes to automotive passion. Feel free to ask any questions, we’ve all “been there, done that” and are always willing to help.

OP
OP
RichieIce

RichieIce

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!

The boys and I have been going through the car. So far we’ve changed the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter. Threw a fuel pressure regulator code, replaced that. Threw a maf code, replaced that. Recently threw a egr insufficiency flow code, pulled it off and cleaned it. It’s still running pretty rough and we’re in the process of figuring that out. Couple weeks ago while we were putting the top down the rear window shattered. So now we’re trying to find a spot to fix it without charging $1200 [emoji2357].

We do have our build planned out with all the parts. After we get the motor running properly the first area of focus is going towards the suspension. We’ve decided to do a complete suspension overhaul. The goal is to have a complete suspension that’s able to handle any powertrain combo we decide to go with in the future.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! The car looks great in the photo, it'll be nice to avoid doing body work

OP
OP
RichieIce

RichieIce

Reaction score
Who do you guys prefer buying your parts from am, lmr, or somewhere else?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
In my case, I prefer LMR over AM.

or whomever has what I need and can get it to me the fastest when the chips are down...

Squibbyz

Reaction score
First person I have seen with yellow so far. I have a canary yellow with white top and white interior. The yellow doesn’t seem very popular1860CFC3-7917-4620-A433-C77CF1BDC33B.jpeg06D4C197-0B04-4AB0-976E-AC74E827A62B.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001