Fitting standalone efi , what to do with ecu

uk blowers

Reaction score
Im looking at fitting the Fast Xfi sportsman efi and looking to find out what needs addressing on the existing ecu.
If the ecu is completely removed what functions does it take with it that need to be sorted. Can it be left in place just removing the injector harness and still run certain functions.
Electrics is my pet hate so I'm approaching this from a dumbass point of view.
Aode will be replaced with Th400 and dash function can be replaced with a Fast E dash.
what else is going to catch me out

cameron57

Reaction score
It will most like likely not work to run certain functions. If you are wanting plug and play mega squirt looks like a easy route. But most stand alones you basically make your own harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
U

uk blowers

Reaction score
Most now come with a loom and sensors either specific to the car or a universal loom which look fairly straight forward to hook up. The problem is that most standalone installations are for upgrading from carb to efi. I'm wandering if just unplugging the injector loom is an option which may leave the vehicle ecu "thinking " it's still running the car and there fore continuing to run the other functions such as the aode , dash functions etc whilst the f.a.s.t ecu is actually controlling timing and fuelling etc with the necessary sensors connected

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online