Flip Up Plate// Offset Mount?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Getting my bumper painted and I really don't want holes in it for the front plate. How would it look if I got the flip up thing from AmericanMuscle and offset mounted it? I can't put it on the bottom of the front since I got a chin spoiler. Would try and mount it underneath where the plate would normally go.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Offset looks retarded. If you're going to get the hide away plate from AM and your chin spoiler scrapes, it's going to get ripped off in no time.
You can make a custom bracket that will mount in the bumper right under where it would normally go without having to drill visible holes.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Offset looks retarded. If you're going to get the hide away plate from AM and your chin spoiler scrapes, it's going to get ripped off in no time.
You can make a custom bracket that will mount in the bumper right under where it would normally go without having to drill visible holes.
Agree with that lol. i wouldnt it under the chin spoiler, i meant where the opening is in the front bumper. I'll have to see

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with ferocious. A bracket really wouldn't be difficult to whip up

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And here is off center for reference.

8670926446_6148bb3938_b.jpg

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
not a fan on off set on the GT bumpers (they put the spot in our bumpers for the plate....) but i dont mind it on cobras.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Glad you chimed in. You get stopped for no front plate at all?

Knock on wood I have never been stopped for no front plate on either of my cars, but my dad was pulled over and ticketed just for not having a front plate so it does happen. I think it's a certain situation sort of thing.

The one time I got pulled over in my Mustang was for my loud exhaust and even though the guy saw I didn't have a front plate he let me go with no tickets, mad chill cop.

I've actually been meaning to make a bracket to mount the plate on my Cobra but I never got around to it, I just hate how it looks mounted to the bumper.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Knock on wood I have never been stopped for no front plate on either of my cars, but my dad was pulled over and ticketed just for not having a front plate so it does happen. I think it's a certain situation sort of thing.

The one time I got pulled over in my Mustang was for my loud exhaust and even though the guy saw I didn't have a front plate he let me go with no tickets, mad chill cop.

I've actually been meaning to make a bracket to mount the plate on my Cobra but I never got around to it, I just hate how it looks mounted to the bumper.

Ahh. Guess it depends on the cop. This cop that comes to our meet has a 89 fox vert with a 306 built motor, things a rocket. Asked him about it, he said they won't really bother you. Another cop said to just say the bracket broke or something lol. I despite the front plate, even worse that I have the yellow ****ing plates lol.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ahh. Guess it depends on the cop. This cop that comes to our meet has a 89 fox vert with a 306 built motor, things a rocket. Asked him about it, he said they won't really bother you. Another cop said to just say the bracket broke or something lol. I despite the front plate, even worse that I have the yellow ****ing plates lol.

dude, the yellow plates are ****in bullshit. they could not have come up with a more obnoxious looking plate. I figure the cop has a lot to do with it, obviously if they are trying to find something there's no getting around it.

joekd

Reaction score
I bought one of craig's no drill brackets (the SVT one linked earlier) it was not made for the SN95's but after drilling 2 new holes it worked fine

Trying to find a way to reuse it on my charger now since it also has not had the front bumper drilled for a plate mount

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
dude, the yellow plates are ****in bullshit. they could not have come up with a more obnoxious looking plate. I figure the cop has a lot to do with it, obviously if they are trying to find something there's no getting around it.

I know man. My dad had em back when they originally had them idk when the 80s or something lmao. I was so pissed, kills the look of the car and makes us look like jersey people. I want white plates so bad.. Yeah if they're having a bad day or just looking to give a ticket, it'll happen lol

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I bought one of craig's no drill brackets (the SVT one linked earlier) it was not made for the SN95's but after drilling 2 new holes it worked fine

Trying to find a way to reuse it on my charger now since it also has not had the front bumper drilled for a plate mount

CT has front plates?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know man. My dad had em back when they originally had them idk when the 80s or something lmao. I was so pissed, kills the look of the car and makes us look like jersey people. I want white plates so bad.. Yeah if they're having a bad day or just looking to give a ticket, it'll happen lol

lol man I was considering getting a different custom license plate but since it would be the orange one ima keep my current one for a while.

joekd

Reaction score
Pretty sure they started to require them about 10 years ago

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online