What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Started the 95 a few minutes ago
But the wind picking up
Tomorrow 40 mph winds
Fucking wind trumps all
Wind is a PITA here, too. Every damn day, come hell or high water around 2-3pm a west to east wind. Either F’s up my car wash or messes with the oil draining during an oil change. Errrrrgh!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1. R&R’d headlights and side markers… but have to wait for 2 more little white plastic anchor plugs for the passenger side.

2. Removed front bumper fascia. Sending off for respray this week.

3. New LED headlight bulbs
4. Plasti-welded 3-4” split in air dam (got a little too close to that parking stop!)

IMG_2234.jpeg

GTamas

Reaction score
Wrapped the shifter stick and base (below the plastic boot) with alu-butyl in an attempt to reduce the transmission whine getting into the interior.
Well, it did not help much, maybe a tiny bit, but negligible. Transmission whine is still very prominent in 2nd and 3rd gears.
During removal of the shifter bezel I broke down the front plastic tab that I recently plasticwelded. I was looking for the broken down piece for an hour but couldn't find it anywher. I guess it will be somewher under the carpet. I kinda feel now like an idiot....
20240428_230015.jpg

badass98svt

Reaction score
1. R&R’d headlights and side markers… but have to wait for 2 more little white plastic anchor plugs for the passenger side.

2. Removed front bumper fascia. Sending off for respray this week.

3. New LED headlight bulbs
4. Plasti-welded 3-4” split in air dam (got a little too close to that parking stop!)

View attachment 34829

How did the headlights come out?

garrittpwl

Reaction score
I can across a youtube page that makes it sound like almost all the new ones made have issues. Some minor, some major but they don't seem to like to take care of them it sounds like
They all do. If you're gonna buy a travel trailer or a 5th wheel, I always say buy one thats "used" and 2 years old. The first owner has already had to deal with all the factory malfunctions. Then only keep it for 2 more years before you sell it because by then I guarantee you the roof is leaking in some way shape or form

optionizerSS

Reaction score
My son bought a new 2018 Grand Design 2670MK and just sold it a few weeks ago. Only issues he had was the fuse blew for one of the lights and the LED's on the front that are decorative and form a V shape...half of those didn't work when he got it but the dealer gave him new ones to put on but he never did swap them. He bought it for work and lived in it for 2 years and towed it 9500 miles in those 2 years all over the country. He sold it cause they have 2 young kids now and hadn't used it in over a year

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How did the headlights come out?
Still in process! They only sent one set of those little white plastic plug anchors (or whatever they’re called) but I ordered 2 sets. Should be here Thursday.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Still in process! They only sent one set of those little white plastic plug anchors (or whatever they’re called) but I ordered 2 sets. Should be here Thursday.

But did you reseal them?

GTamas

Reaction score
Spent 2 hours to undo the 2-hours work I did 2 days ago. So I removed the butyl shit that I wrapped on the shifter. Now I'm back where I started.
I'm starting to realize I won't be able to quite down the transmission noise anymore if I want to keep my short throw shifter. So probably I will need a louder exhaust someday. :)

greg94

Reaction score

For shifter noise, take a 12” square piece of heavy jute carpet padding. Cut a 1/2” hole in center. Slide over shifter handle just below last shifter handle bolt. Stuff remaining padding around surrounding area and replace shifter boot. It will reduce heat and gear noise/whine.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fingers crossed, Thursday is going to be a good day: LMR delivery so I can finish the headlights + respray/reinstall of front bumper. Front end face-lift!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cowl, sprayers, wiper base covers and wiper fluid pump just arrived. I have to say, I’m a little concerned about the blades on the pump. They don’t give me the impression that they’ll push fluid at a high (enough) rate to squirt well. I’m hoping I’m wrong. Still waiting on the white plastic marker light anchors. Should in today’s mailbox. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2258.jpeg
    IMG_2258.jpeg
    276.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2260.jpeg
    IMG_2260.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2259.jpeg
    IMG_2259.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 10

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
New Ford cowl cover and nozzles are installed. New washer fluid pump doesn’t work. No spray at all. Lines are clean and blown out. Have to pull the washer fluid reservoir again and see what the hell’s wrong :-(

joemomma

Reaction score
Dang man that sucks. You'll get it sorted out I'm sure!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online