Foam Guns/ Cannons

TanTop94

Reaction score
Well the time has come I actually get one of these, as after watching some videos it just makes everything a lot easier and cleaner! But I'm not sure of what brands to go with or if I should shell out the extra money for a pressure washer/ Foam Cannon as those things seem to really get washing a car done right. Any suggestions?

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
whether you use an expensive foam cannon or dip a sponge in a bucket of soap and water it wont make a difference because you still have to scrub it. just a waste of money IMO and the soap sprayer that comes with just about any pressure washer should be more than sufficient.

framda

Reaction score
Are you actually going to pressure spray your car? What is wrong with a couple of buckets full of rags?

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
Nothings wrong with it, thats how I've always washed cars. I just felt like trying something new. Foam cannons still freak me out some, I never thought I'd ever even consider using a pressure washer on my paint. But I think a foam gun would still be something nice to try out, and it seems I can get one for $20+, I just wanted to know if there were any brands that people found were better than others, though I haven't seen many on here using foam guns or cannons! I just value this forums overall opinion :D!

Sinned83

Reaction score
I just use the two bucket wash method and my boars hair brush. Been doing it this way for 15 years.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
The two bucket method is a great method, but it's good to try something new. I've even looked into chemical guys grit shields as such for the two bucket method.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am looking forward to trying mine out mainly for the reason you said, something new, but its been a colder then normal winter here and I still need to finish my current project to get it back on the road to get it dirty... I was suprised when my door-prize number was called that the one item I thought looked cool was still available. If its something amazing I will let ya know.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i dont know anything about foam guns, but be sure to post up some videos of ya using it! Sounds pretty cool. my largest complaint is my foam disappearing in my bucket. :( sounds like a foam gun might fix that.

ace

Reaction score
I just got a foam gun from Autogeek. Kind of pricey but I like it with the quick release it comes with. The sample soap it came with didn't work for me at all but the Meguiars gold class that i use foamd up pretty well. Still trying to figure out the settings but it kind of uses the soap quick.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
ttocs tell me what you think about the foam gun when you get it, looking for some opinions still on what brand to get.

ace- All I own is Meguiars, but I would say try some of chemical guys products, supposedly honey dew and mr.pink are really nice soaps and will give you great foam. And I think they are on sale atm.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I have the grit guards from CG in my buckets that's the only way to go

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online