free carfax reports...

TanTop94

Reaction score
Hm...kinda scared to do this to my car. I almost just dont want to know lol

joekd

Reaction score
Thanks for the report, last owner told me this car was dealer serviced it's whole life and now I believe it

Report even showed the dealer flushed the tranny fluid like 5K miles ago so I don't have to worry about that for a long time

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand how running a vehicle history report by a license plate would be beneficial considering it's not uncommon for vehicles to change owners 5 or 6 times during their lifespan, often being registered in multiple states. Then we have the issue of people transferring plates (legally) from one vehicle to another and also the BMV recycling old license plate numbers.

Say for instance, I wanted to get a personalized plate for my red cobra, but before I do that, I decide that I want to register my white cobra and transfer the current plate for the red car to the white car, which is also a 99. Couldn't this pose a problem? Or create confusion? Also, what would happen if some idiot had your vehicle before you and had an accident while it was unregistered? Maybe I'm missing something, but I would think the only way to accurately track a vehicle's history would be by the VIN since it never changes and stays with the vehicle for it's entire existence.

joekd

Reaction score
Even though the report was run by plate it generates based on the VIN

In other words I gave him my current plate and it tracked the vehicle same as if we used the VIN showing the entire history of my car back to day one

Kind of funny actually that the report doesn't even show any plate numbers at all

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Even though the report was run by plate it generates based on the VIN

In other words I gave him my current plate and it tracked the vehicle same as if we used the VIN showing the entire history of my car back to day one

Kind of funny actually that the report doesn't even show any plate numbers at all

Ah... makes sense.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Ah... makes sense.
Yea I gave him the plate number that as on my car the day it crashed in 2001 (that was the last time it was registered) and it brought up a ford explorer I think.. lol I'm assuming that explorer is owned by the person who wrecked my Mustang because it was a Vanity plate 'Faithy' and the owners name was 'Faith'.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online