From bad dream to nightmare

trplblk96gt

Reaction score
Ok so I'm driving down the interstate yesterday, 75mph, windows down, radio off and no electronics being used except my phone charger. I was just enjoying driving my mustang. Next thing I know, my car is engine braking and sounds as if I just took my foot off of the pedal. I look down at my gauges and my tach is dead on 0 with all the pretty dummy lights lit up across the bottom. This happened one other time about 2 years ago but the car fired right back up. This time she didn't fire back up like a good girl. So I pulled onto the shoulder of the highway and when I would hit the starter the engine would roll over but I never heard that sweet sound coming out of the exhaust. I looked down and noticed that, with the key on, the theft light was rapidly flashing and I know its not supposed to do that. After some quick googling I was under the impression that the computer wasn't recognizing the transponder key and, in turn, shutting off the fuel system. So no problem, I would just get it towed to the stealership since I knowing nothing about the computer related electronics.

Here's the cars first time on a truck (don't mind all the primer. I'm currently in the process of pre-paint body work)
aefc9199-eb9c-b365.jpg

So I get the car to the dealer and they said that they should have something to tell me later that afternoon. It seemed like the next 6 hours lasted forever lol. Nobody called me and I finally called today only to hear what I didn't want to hear. There's definitely something wrong with the car electrically but they don't know what. They needed me to authorize another 2 hours of diagnostics which could end up costing up to $250 FOR DIAGNOSTICS ONLY! And who knows how much it'll cost to fix what they find. I hate not having my car and this whole ordeal literally makes me feel sick to my stomach. I hope to hear something good tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
im so sorry to hear that... i understand how annoying it is to have something wrong and not be able to figure out what it is.. on a side note, i bet that guys pony tail mullet made you laugh :p

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
Ah man that really sucks , all this computer bull shit in car now a days ..either way hope ya get her fixed with out killing ur wallet ..

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
im so sorry to hear that... i understand how annoying it is to have something wrong and not be able to figure out what it is.. on a side note, i bet that guys pony tail mullet made you laugh :p
hell yea thats a pony mullet!!

OP
OP
trplblk96gt

trplblk96gt

Reaction score
i bet that guys pony tail mullet made you laugh :p

Haha yeah I was laughing about his mullet all day!

Ttocs, he actually does have an iroc camaro with t-tops! It's a piece of junk too!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online