Front Bumper

RyanCess

Reaction score
My front bumper has a crack in it and I was just thinking about buying a front bumper and replacing it myself and having a shop paint it. Good idea or no?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan Stan.
I would say replacing a cracked bumper is an excellent idea.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I think taking a crack at replacing the cracked front bumper with an un-cracked front bumper would be a good task for a noob.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Either buy a new one or just buy a drill and a bag of zip ties. Drift stitches look pretty cool when you are broke as hell!

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
Lol I was trying to say is it a job that's easy enough for me to do? cause the shop would charge 40billion dollars

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Remove all the trim clips from the lower valence/air dam, remove all screws from fender-inner fender junction, remove four nuts from just inside each fender [accessed after you free the inner fender] remove corner lights/headlights then simply unbolt the series of bolts leading to the headlight panel and remove in one piece.
[MENTION=18995]FivepointSlow[/MENTION] has pictures that will help in his build thread

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
40 billion? I would advice you to get a second quote from somewhere else. Seems a bit high. I'll personally come down and do it for 20 billion. That's half the cost, deal?

Yeah the bumper is pretty straight forward. Take off your current bumper and test fit the new one before paint.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
40 billion? I would advice you to get a second quote from somewhere else. Seems a bit high. I'll personally come down and do it for 20 billion. That's half the cost, deal?

Yeah the bumper is pretty straight forward. Take off your current bumper and test fit the new one before paint.

I'll do it for 19 billion and kick [MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION] in the nuts for another 500,000

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll do it for a Brazzers subscription. But yeah, taking the bumper off is pretty easy as long as it's not riveted on. If the crack is small enough, a body shop may even be able to fix it without you replacing the whole bumper.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score

I'll do it for 19 billion and kick g36 monkey in the nuts for another 500,000

I'll do it for a Brazzers subscription. But yeah, taking the bumper off is pretty easy as long as it's not riveted on. If the crack is small enough, a body shop may even be able to fix it without you replacing the whole bumper.

:laughing4: :grin:

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Brazzers, sheesh... You'll die from carpel tunnel [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION]
hidesbehindsofa.gif

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't wanna be kicked in the nuts :(

But, yes, swapping bumpers is quite simple. I would say test fit it, then pull it off to get it painted, then reinstall. that way it's totally coated.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
how big of a crack are we talking about? Vatozone sells a bumper repair kit I have personally used and been happy with and harbor freight sells plastic welding kits for larger repairs. Its just a 2-part epoxy and a plastic mesh that you put on the back for support and then fill from the front and sand. Even prior to the primer it was hard to tell the difference in the materials and it has not had any problems so far. Take this into account the shitty fitting parts they sell now and even if it was a pretty big crack I would fill it...

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I hated taking off my bumper. Mofo was riveted everywhere. WHY DO YOU NEED THAT MUCH RIVETS!!!. idk..dam Ford.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online