Front Rt Abs Sensor

dcolli10

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a new Front Rt ABS Sensor for a 94 Cobra. Ford Discontinued the part and I cant find one anywhere. I am getting no resistance on it from a multimeter. And when spinning I am also getting nothing so I need a replacement.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Do you test it just by measuring resistance? Have you tried spinning the wheel/hub while measuring? If I understand it correctly the two wires should show continuity for a only a short time each time the a cog on the reluctor ring passes close to the sensor? So it might show as an open/infinite ohms if it were not spinning, and if it is spinning you might see it flash on/off.

OP
OP
D

dcolli10

Reaction score
Do you test it just by measuring resistance? Have you tried spinning the wheel/hub while measuring? If I understand it correctly the two wires should show continuity for an only a short time each time the a cog on the reluctor ring passes close to the sensor? So it might show as an open/infinite ohms if it were not spinning, and if it is spinning you might see it flash on/off.
I also measured ac voltage when spinning and nothing. just need a sensor at this point and I can’t find one anywhere.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
just out of stupidity you have tried cleaning it up? I have seen some build up enough brake dust, and they are such a pass/fail type of sensor that it does not take much to make them fail. Sorry if these are all things you have tried and I am just preaching to the choir but just trying to make sure before we send the hounds out on a search. Now that I think about it the abs sensors are some of the only original parts I still have in my car so it would be good to know a source.

I see Amer Muscle sells the new edge version and I bet the only difference is the harness that connects them. If that is the case and your original harness looks ok you could splice it on.

OP
OP
D

dcolli10

Reaction score
just out of stupidity you have tried cleaning it up? I have seen some build up enough brake dust, and they are such a pass/fail type of sensor that it does not take much to make them fail. Sorry if these are all things you have tried and I am just preaching to the choir but just trying to make sure before we send the hounds out on a search. Now that I think about it the abs sensors are some of the only original parts I still have in my car so it would be good to know a source.

I see Amer Muscle sells the new edge version and I bet the only difference is the harness that connects them. If that is the case and your original harness looks ok you could splice it on.
Yeah I am completely fine with splicing one in. But they are Rh/Lh specific. Just need a Rh one. Or a different model of car that used that sensor And I can hit the salvage yard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online