Gauge cluster swap

RustyRodder

Reaction score
Currently have a 2002 V6, with factory gauges.

Just got a stupid good deal on a 2003 Mach 1 gauge cluster (Sadly a manual unit, so 6800 redline).

How do I go about swapping this in? I know that there are 2 issues-
1) the PATS. From what I understand, this can be circumvented by either (A) swapping out the rear circuit board, which will retain my mileage and current PATS system, or (B) disabling it

and
2) The needle sweep is off. 120vs150 speedo, and 7k vs 8k tach. Swapping out the rear board will let me drive the car, but the needle sweeps will be off due to this change.

Whats the easiest way to do the swap? Disable the PATS on the mach cluster, and just using that? Mileage is about 3k more than mine, so not a big deal. Can an Xcal 3/4 even do this, or am I stuck going to Ford? Or swap the backs, and can it be recalibrated?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Honestly, the best thing for you to do is tear the clusters apart and swap the gauge face over to your cluster that way you retain your mileage and don’t have to worry about security crap.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Ford will not disable pats, they can program the cluster though. If you turn pats off, it’s in the car’s computer, not the cluster.

OP
OP
RustyRodder

RustyRodder

Reaction score
On 99-04, the cluster also has a PATS module within it. I can swap out the back with my current module, but the gauge sweep wont be correct.

Similarly, the tuner alone I know cant correct the motor movement for the tach and speedo. Messing with gear and tire ratios can correct the speedo, but the tach will still be off.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
seems like a LOT of work for a different looking stock gauges. I mean if I were going to go through all that I would have to know the temp/pressure gauges were not dumbed down like they are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online